• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to add DateTimePicker to properties NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish to add a DateTimePicker to the properties of a ninjascript so it will appear in the indicator UI (essentially similar to DateTime in properties where I can select a date from the drop-down calendar). However I wish to select a Time only.

I successfully added "public DateTimePicker" to properties where it then appeared in the UI but it was empty with no information. Not surprising

So my question is: What to do next?

I found this on stackoverflow.com:

Code:
    using  System.Windows.Forms.Control;

timePicker = new DateTimePicker(); 
    timePicker.Format = DateTimePickerFormat.Custom;
    timePicker.CustomFormat = "HH:mm"; // Only use hours and minutes
    timePicker.ShowUpDown = true;
    I just don't know where to place the code.

Regards,

Simon.

You can use the undocumented TimeEditor

Code:
    [Gui.PropertyEditor("NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.TimeEditorKey")]
    public DateTime MyTime {get; set;}

protected override void OnStateChange()
    {

... rest of code...
    I've submitted your post as a vote to document this property editor.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

[Gui.PropertyEditor("NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.TimeEdit orKey")]
      This is really nice! Thank you for this.

Is there a list of all of these "tools"? (even if they aren't documented)

Comment

Hello neoikon,

We would not be able to provide a list of these undocumented tools.

Any property grid/control in NinjaTrader 8 could potentially be used in NinjaScript, however we cannot guarantee their functionality due to other dependencies.

Features and controls will be documented when there is further demand. If you see a control that you want to implement in your script, we can provide resources if needed on a case by case basis.
        Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I understand that there isn't a list of these controls, so I will ask if there is one for an INT parameter that includes a simple up/down arrow controls to it?

Similar to how the TimeEditorKey includes up/down arrow controls, but for a single INT value.

I tired IntBuilderEditor, IntBlankEditor, NumericEditor, and DoubleBuilderEditor without luck. Perhaps there isn't one?

Thanks!
          Last edited by neoikon; 08-10-2016, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neoikon View Post
            I understand that there isn't a list of these controls, so I will ask if there is one for an INT parameter that includes a simple up/down arrow controls to it?

Similar to how the TimeEditorKey includes up/down arrow controls, but for a single INT value.

I tired IntBuilderEditor, IntBlankEditor, NumericEditor, and DoubleBuilderEditor without luck. Perhaps there isn't one?

Thanks!
            Is this for a property grid, such as an indicator or strategy property? Or are you using a custom Add on window?

If an add-on, you can use the Quantity up/down selector: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...tityupdown.htm

But for a property grid, there is no concept of a numeric up/down selector that I have seen implemented.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. This is for just a simple indicator parameter, that's of integer type.

Would this be considered a "property grid"?

Assuming so, what is the proper term for a parameter that is a List of class objects? For example, the fibonacci-based drawing tools have a List<PriceLevel> parameter, that opens a dialog box to add/remove items in this List. Is there a particular name for this parameter type?
              Last edited by neoikon; 08-10-2016, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. This is for just a simple indicator parameter, that's of integer type.

Would this be considered a "property grid"?
                Yes, that would be a property grid implementation. Generally anything you see from Tools-> Options, or right clicking on a window and select "Properties" would be a property grid. These property grids are also used for indicator and strategy properties (parameters).

Assuming so, what is the proper term for a parameter that is a List of class objects? For example, the fibonacci-based drawing tools have a List<PriceLevel> parameter, that opens a dialog box to add/remove items in this List. Is there a particular name for this parameter type?
                We use a custom collection editor for that specific use case. There is not a generic collections editor available we can provide at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                  We use a custom collection editor for that specific use case. There is not a generic collections editor available we can provide at this time.
                  Okay, thanks. Yes, I've created a few of these "generic collection editors" for custom drawing tools and they are great! I guess what I was looking for was the term "collections editor" when speaking about them in the forums.

Comment

While on the subject of specialty parameters, I know you can use an enum that creates a drop down list in the parameters. Is there a way to have that drop down dynamic at run time? Perhaps a List<string>? Something else? It does not need to be modifiable by the user.

I tried a List<string> and added 4 options to it in SetDefaults, but the parameter simply says "4 string(s)". Is there an additional decoration I can add to the parameter to make it treat it as a drop down?

(I also tried Dictionary<string,int> with similar results)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
                    Last edited by neoikon; 10-03-2016, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Hello neoikon,

Using a list to make a drop-down would require a custom TypeConverter modifying the PropertyDescriptorCollection and adding a custom PropertyDescriptor which is not supported by NinjaTrader to do.

It has been previously requested that NinjaTrader fully support custom type converters.
                      This request is being tracked with ID# SFT-1558. I will be adding your vote toward this.
                      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by ptertich, Today, 07:56 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
                      Started by aslane, Today, 08:24 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes