Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to add DateTimePicker to properties NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish to add a DateTimePicker to the properties of a ninjascript so it will appear in the indicator UI (essentially similar to DateTime in properties where I can select a date from the drop-down calendar). However I wish to select a Time only.

I successfully added "public DateTimePicker" to properties where it then appeared in the UI but it was empty with no information. Not surprising

So my question is: What to do next?

I found this on stackoverflow.com:

Code:
    using  System.Windows.Forms.Control;

timePicker = new DateTimePicker(); 
    timePicker.Format = DateTimePickerFormat.Custom;
    timePicker.CustomFormat = "HH:mm"; // Only use hours and minutes
    timePicker.ShowUpDown = true;
    I just don't know where to place the code.

Regards,

Simon.

You can use the undocumented TimeEditor

Code:
    [Gui.PropertyEditor("NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.TimeEditorKey")]
    public DateTime MyTime {get; set;}

protected override void OnStateChange()
    {

... rest of code...
    I've submitted your post as a vote to document this property editor.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

[Gui.PropertyEditor("NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.TimeEdit orKey")]
      This is really nice! Thank you for this.

Is there a list of all of these "tools"? (even if they aren't documented)

Comment

Hello neoikon,

We would not be able to provide a list of these undocumented tools.

Any property grid/control in NinjaTrader 8 could potentially be used in NinjaScript, however we cannot guarantee their functionality due to other dependencies.

Features and controls will be documented when there is further demand. If you see a control that you want to implement in your script, we can provide resources if needed on a case by case basis.
        Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I understand that there isn't a list of these controls, so I will ask if there is one for an INT parameter that includes a simple up/down arrow controls to it?

Similar to how the TimeEditorKey includes up/down arrow controls, but for a single INT value.

I tired IntBuilderEditor, IntBlankEditor, NumericEditor, and DoubleBuilderEditor without luck. Perhaps there isn't one?

Thanks!
          Last edited by neoikon; 08-10-2016, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neoikon View Post
            I understand that there isn't a list of these controls, so I will ask if there is one for an INT parameter that includes a simple up/down arrow controls to it?

Similar to how the TimeEditorKey includes up/down arrow controls, but for a single INT value.

I tired IntBuilderEditor, IntBlankEditor, NumericEditor, and DoubleBuilderEditor without luck. Perhaps there isn't one?

Thanks!
            Is this for a property grid, such as an indicator or strategy property? Or are you using a custom Add on window?

If an add-on, you can use the Quantity up/down selector: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...tityupdown.htm

But for a property grid, there is no concept of a numeric up/down selector that I have seen implemented.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. This is for just a simple indicator parameter, that's of integer type.

Would this be considered a "property grid"?

Assuming so, what is the proper term for a parameter that is a List of class objects? For example, the fibonacci-based drawing tools have a List<PriceLevel> parameter, that opens a dialog box to add/remove items in this List. Is there a particular name for this parameter type?
              Last edited by neoikon; 08-10-2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. This is for just a simple indicator parameter, that's of integer type.

Would this be considered a "property grid"?
                Yes, that would be a property grid implementation. Generally anything you see from Tools-> Options, or right clicking on a window and select "Properties" would be a property grid. These property grids are also used for indicator and strategy properties (parameters).

Assuming so, what is the proper term for a parameter that is a List of class objects? For example, the fibonacci-based drawing tools have a List<PriceLevel> parameter, that opens a dialog box to add/remove items in this List. Is there a particular name for this parameter type?
                We use a custom collection editor for that specific use case. There is not a generic collections editor available we can provide at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                  We use a custom collection editor for that specific use case. There is not a generic collections editor available we can provide at this time.
                  Okay, thanks. Yes, I've created a few of these "generic collection editors" for custom drawing tools and they are great! I guess what I was looking for was the term "collections editor" when speaking about them in the forums.

Comment

While on the subject of specialty parameters, I know you can use an enum that creates a drop down list in the parameters. Is there a way to have that drop down dynamic at run time? Perhaps a List<string>? Something else? It does not need to be modifiable by the user.

I tried a List<string> and added 4 options to it in SetDefaults, but the parameter simply says "4 string(s)". Is there an additional decoration I can add to the parameter to make it treat it as a drop down?

(I also tried Dictionary<string,int> with similar results)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
                    Last edited by neoikon; 10-03-2016, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Hello neoikon,

Using a list to make a drop-down would require a custom TypeConverter modifying the PropertyDescriptorCollection and adding a custom PropertyDescriptor which is not supported by NinjaTrader to do.

It has been previously requested that NinjaTrader fully support custom type converters.
                      This request is being tracked with ID# SFT-1558. I will be adding your vote toward this.
                      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                      Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes