SuperDom stuck in loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperDom stuck in loading

Hello, i have started looking at and testing the SuperDom - i made some very small change to one of the Column indicators and ran great yesterday and added an ema indicator to see the level - again fine.

Today i had to kill the process as superdom was stuck saying loading.

I reloaded and still says loading and cannot tab between charts. Nothing is showing on the log.

Was there any bugs on the superdom ?

This is one aspect in general that concerns me that N8 just hangs and there is no log information and i need to kill the process - ive noticed other comments in the forum alluding to this in general.

thanks

Hello soulfx,

Thanks for your post.

Can you provide further information about the steps you followed to create the stuck condition (so I can replicate)? (For example what instrument, what small change was made, even what period ema, what data provider, Dynamic or Static superdom).

Did you note anything of interest in the task manager before you killed the process, such as cpu use or memory use?

Can you confirm this is on NT8.0.0.9?
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It was a 200ema based on a 600 tick chart on bar close.
      One first loading there was alot of memory building so i killed that process.
      I started up again and the memory was fine but the SuperDom was hanging as i was in the process of recompiling the new column i created. Interestingly when i opened the 'columns' and hit OK expecting it to pick up the small change of a text size it did not update the DOM - unlike in an indicator change opening and closing picks up the latest version. So i had to kill again and restarted - before connecting to cqg demo i closed the 2 superdom one was based on ES RTH and the other on ES ETH. After connecting to the data feed i opened a new SuperDom - dynamic is the only one showing in the list ( I presume it is still the case you have to pay TT credits depending on whether dynamic or static is being used for N8 ?) SO now it seems stable and i just added 200 ema and the line colour/plot is showing. I will keep track of this as now exploring the new Superdom more and let you know later in day once i close down and reopen tomorrow if any issues still and try to reproduce again
      thanks

Comment

just to confirm is N8.0.0.9
        thanks

Comment

This morning i restarted N8 with no errors in log showing. The SuperDom (dynamic) is there - although the volume column i opened the dialog and changed the trading hours to CME Index futures ETH from the RTH as we are out of session at this time. The DOM reloaded but the title bar of the DOM shows 'Loading....' The chart and tabs are responsive so it is not locking out as previously. However none of the indicator levels are showing - they still are in the indicator dialog but not displayed the EMA 200 and VWMA 21. When you reload the columns does it then try to reload the indicators - perhaps there is some connection there and it is still trying to load the indicators but somehow stuck loading - would be useful to know if on column refresh the SuperDom tries to do a programmatic reload of indicators for the DOM (which i recall on charts is not supported due to potential issues with this). Resolution to this i closed the SuperDOM and opened a new one - applied the template saved and indicators are applied. Opened up the columns changed trading hours to ETH and closed. The indicators are still there and the 'Loading ...' text is gone. So this is the sequence - is there something in a restart of a workspace that includes a SuperDom that isnt persisting or serialising something in a template? Thoughts?
          thanks

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Thanks for your post.

I have tried to recreate the issue here and the closest I got was an occasional case where the superdom was "stuck" in loading... I was still able to shutdown and restart normally and the issue did not repeat. I've since update to our latest internal build and have yet to experience the issue (but I will keep trying).

If you can achieve a consistent error state I would ask you to send in your workspace and a log and trace file to PlatformSupport[at]Ninjatrader[dot]com, atten Paul and a link to this thread. With a consistent issue I can forward that to development for their review.

Thanks for your efforts to help us make Ninjatrader 8 a better product.

Comment

Hello, this morning i tried to connect to the demo account with no response and it took 4 attempts being forced to kill the process as the control panel was non responsive. On the 4th time it managed to connect to the demo data provider cqg. Is this somewhat related to the change at the weekend for N7 and N8 to license server?

The superdom .. i had 3 from closing down workspace on friday all say ' Loading .....' 2 i can click on to view ZB ETH and ES RTH ... the other one i can see as a small window icon i cannot select i get the DING message and cannot close it either from the window selection with mouse over the N8 icon. So again have the similar situation on restarting ... it either is stuck in loading or the loading message is not clearing - but more concerning is that it shows i have another DOM that i cannot access.

So i went into N8 mail to support to send in the workspace and log trace files - put in the above text and pressed send. What i didnt realise i didnt put in email address (which N7 defaults based on login and license key - why is this not performed in N8) - i get the error message and try to enter email address - the WHOLE N8 LOCKS UP .. all of it - which is why i am typing this in here so as not to lose the text.

1. this is concerning that it locks up the whole system due to being stuck in send with no email address.
              2. I am now forced to Kill the system again - is this now becoming an accepted way to handle errors in N8 we have to kill the process?
              3. Is there going to be a big improvement in the error log messages - beyond just stating the bar where the error occured. I have asked previously in posts as have others is anything being done to address this ?

Once i restart and i hear back i will try to send in the log trace files.

The problem of course now is ... you are now running of the latest internal build - does this supercede the beta 9 we run from or do you run multiple versions when testing?

thanks

Comment

Hello soulfx,

Please send your latest log and trace files to PlatFormSupport[at]Ninjatrader[dot]Com with Atten: Paul and a link to this thread in the e-mail subject.

You can attach your log and trace files manually to the e-mail. They are found:

Documents>Ninjatrader8>Log
                Documents>Ninjatrader8>trace

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rdtdale
                by rdtdale