NT8 Toolbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Toolbar

Sorry if this has been brought up before....

It doesn't appear like the Toolbar can be turned on and off from being displayed on the Chart like in NT7.

Is this something that can be incorporated in NT8?

Hello Rmos22,

Thanks for posting today. .

While this is not a feature currently, I'm happy to submit this as a Feature Request for consideration as an addition to future releases of the platform.

Thanks for providing this feedback!
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks...I have several charts running and turning the toolbar off helps maximize screen real estate so much. I'm sure many current NT users can relate to this.

Comment

Before Drew files a feature request, I'd like to try to understand the request a bit further. We've put a good deal of effort into minimizing wasted space, and we would like to fully understand what people are feeling about this kind of thing after the changes (I'm not sure if you used Beta 6 and prior, but a lot has changed with margins and screen real estate since then).

We have technically removed chart toolbars entirely, and are now placing the icons directly on the chart caption bar. Just so that we understand: Would you like to just hide the icons, and leave the caption bar as it is? Would you like to hide the icons, and the instrument/interval selectors, and the "Chart" label? Or would you like to hide the caption bar entirely, including the Minimize, Maximize, and Close buttons, and the window linking buttons?
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I now realize the NT7 Toolbar and Title bar has been replaced with the Caption bar in NT8.

Is it possible to have a Caption Bar auto hide function so that when the chart losses focus, the Caption bar gets hidden and reappears again when the chart gains focus.

Comment

Thank you, that's an interesting idea. We will include that in the feature request, which is not set up, and can be tracked with ID # SFT-1197.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 02-25-2016, 05:02 PM.
            Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response