AutoDisable of Strategy did not stop the strategy from running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AutoDisable of Strategy did not stop the strategy from running

I had a strategy running and the user manually executed a trade in NT8 in the SuperDOM (in same symbol/account). In the past, this had always deactivated the strategy and this time was no different - or so I thought since the interface showed the strategy unchecked. But about 20 minutes later it executed a trade from the strategy that was disabled.

Did something change in Beta 9?

Not to get too sidetracked, but I think this behavior changed in NT 7.0.0.31.

I hit close in chart trader, and previously this stopped the strategy in my experience. I might not have been on the strategy tab if this matters.

Comment

I was seeing this function correctly in NT8 B7 and below - or at least I thought. If the interface shows the strategy unchecked - I assume it is not running.

BUT it has resulted in me writing a safeguard to stop the strategy in my executing DLL and ignore the state of NT. This anomaly cost me roughly $800 - not pleased but lesson learned.

Comment

Hello MarketAlly,

Thank you for your post.

Nothing has changed, at least intentionally that I am aware of. So the strategy showed as disabled after the position was closed but it still took placed an order?

If so can you send the Log over to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com for the date this occurred? Please include 'ATTN: Patrick H - 1472956' in the subject line.

Comment

I sent the logs from the "email" option in NT8. and yes, the strategy executed after it was disabled. I know this because I link the strategy to my application via a DLL and my application has a log of the execution.

Execution #: "25858618880" and "25858618624"

Comment

Can you confirm - if the user interacts with the same symbol in the same account as the strategy - this does disable the strategy? Or will it still execute?

Comment

It only disables if they close the position the strategy is managing. They should be able to move the order or cancel it without the strategy disabling.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin  
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888