Custom ninja script not listed after porting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom ninja script not listed after porting

This what I used to do in NT7. After placing my customer indicator .cs file in bin/Custom/Indicator director, I import the indicator going to Tool->Import->NinjaScript. The indicator will be listed on the chart.

On NT8, I could import successfully import my custom indicator.cs file. But this is not getting listed in indicator list on the chart.

Hello dhanakumar,

Is your script a script made for NinjaTrader 8?
    (NinjaTrader 7 scripts will not work in NinjaTrader 8)

If you attempt to compile are there errors?

New -> NinjaScript Editor -> right-click blank area -> Compile
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Yes, I ported for NT8 from NT7. But there is no compilation error.
      (I already resolved all the errors.)

Comment

Hi dhanakumar,

Can you post the .cs file on this thread?

If not, please send this to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. If you send this in an email, include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Hi Chelsa,

I have just renamed the @SampleCustomPlot.cs to @CustomPlot.cs. And I renamed the function name inside. I couldn;'t see this also in my indicator list. I have attached the @CustomPlot.cs here
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi dhanakumar,

First, I am able compile and then see the script in the Indicator window. A screenshot is attached to demonstrate.

Instead of copying an actual file on the filesytem, use NinjaTrader to make a copy of a script. This will change the name and any other necessary items to make sure the script is copied correctly.

To do this
            • Open a script in the NinjaScript Editor
            • Right-click in the NinjaScript Editor and select Save As...
            • Give the script a new unique name -> click OK
            • Right-click the NinjaScript Editor once more -> click Compile

If you are still unable to compile and see the script in the Indicators window, please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email include a link to this forum thread.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Chelsea. I have basic platform. So I do not have editor/compiler option. Having correct .cs file was enough on NT7 to get it added. I will send the mail to platform support group.

Comment

Hello dhanakumar,

With NinjaTrader 7 a compile is required. However, if you are using the Free License Key, you will be able to open the NinjaScript Editor in NinjaTrader 8.

New -> NinjaScript Editor...

If you have the editor open and you drop a file directly in the filesystem in the correct folder, NinjaTrader 8 will automatically detect the script and compile. The NinjaScript Editor must be open before and while you drop the file for this action to occur.
                NinjaTrader 7 does not have this feature. With NT7 a manual compile is required for a script to be compiled. Scripts are also compiled with both versions at startup.

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

My understanding is that if you place the .cs script in Indicator directory and initiate import script, it compiles and make it available on the chart. You can give a try and that's how I have my indicator on NT7.

Free edition will expose the compiler option for limited time. I will give a try and understand what does it do.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hello dhanakumar,

Yes, when you import a script this will trigger the compile to happen. The same is true for NinjaTrader 8.

However, without triggering the compile after manually adding a .cs file, the script will not be available in NinjaTrader 7.

Importing a script is one way to trigger a compile. Its easier to open a script for editing and compile from the NinjaScript Editor.

The Free license key does not have a limited amount of time the NinjaScript Editor can be used. There is no limit. It can be used forever.
                    When using the Free license key the NinjaScript Editor will always be available. Always.

The Direct Edition key does not provide the NinjaScript Editor. Ever. There is no limit as it is never available when using the Direct Edition key.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 02-29-2016, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ  
                    Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes