Custom session, not showing correct timeframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom session, not showing correct timeframe

I have a custom session chart. It is set to show a 256 tick chart in the ES, but it is only showing 1 tick chart. When I change back to normal CME RTH hours, the chart is normal. This change occurred with the update to the newest NT version. How do I fix this?

Hello,

Can you share the custom session template with us, so that I can take a look at it on my end and see if it's become corrupted somehow?
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
      Hello,

Can you share the custom session template with us, so that I can take a look at it on my end and see if it's become corrupted somehow?
      Please rename it from .txt to .xml since it would not upload otherwise.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for sending that over. I can see the issue clearly now, but the question of what is causing this result is still unclear. I'm going to play around and see if I can reproduce this with a new template, and I'll post back once I am able to pin it down.

Comment

While I am trying to figure out what is going wrong, I did come across a workaround solution for you. When I eliminated the 8:30 session breaks, and included all hours during a single day on a single line, I was able to plot the 256 tick chart as expected.

I've attached a modified version of the template to this post which should serve as a temporary workaround, at least. So that I can understand the scenario more fully, is there a reason that the template must remain the way it was originally set up with those intra-day session breaks, or would the attached modifications do the trick for you?

Update: After consulting with the team, it appears this is a bug, and I'll be reporting it to the team today to investigate a solution (NTEIGHT-9481). Thanks for your help.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 02-29-2016, 03:31 PM.

Comment

It is very important for me to split up the ETH vs RTH sessions, which is why the session breaks are in there.

Comment

I see, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying. I actually discovered that we had already addressed this issue recently, and it is resolved in our most recent internal build. You should see this issue resolved in the next release of NinjaTrader 8, and you will then be able to use the template just as you had originally set it up.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
              Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
              7 responses
              0 likes