B9 IBGateway connection issue and memory leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B9 IBGateway connection issue and memory leak

After upgrading to NT8B9, I'm getting an issue each night with the IBGateway connection where it fails to re-establish the account data connection after the exchange resets around 10:30 MST.

I get literally thousands of these message until I manually disconnect and re-connect the gateway:

2016-02-28 22:30:34:005 (IB Gateway) IB.Adapter.OnError: id=-1 errorCode='Resubscribe2AccountData' errorMessage='API client has been unsubscribed from account data.'

In one case where I didn't notice, NT ended up running out of memory and crashing. I've been monitoring the memory usage, and I do see a gradual and steady increase after this happens. Note, I did not see this behavior in prior beta releases.

This is happening with the recommended IB Gateway version 954. But, after I first converted to B9 I was still running TWS 950.2 and I had the same issue.
    Attached Files

I am unable to reproduce this when I disconnect from the internet > wait for a full disconnect message from IB Gateway > then reconnect to the internet.

If you follow these steps are you able to reproduce the memory leak? Or does this only occur at the same time every day?

Comment

It generally happens around the same time every night. The scenario you describe where you disconnected the internet isn't really an issue from what I can tell.

Where I have the problem is when the "ConnectionLost" status triggers and I assume the NT connection loss logic kicks in and NT is able to restore the connection within a few seconds. BUT... for some reason it is unable to restore the account data subscription. So I guess you could say it's partially connected or something like that.

Anyway... as a workaround solution, I created a simple script to detect the ConnectionLost status and then force a full disconnect, wait a minute, then perform a new connect. Although this isn't ideal, it has solved my problem for now at least and I haven't had any memory issues since.

Let me know if you need more information.

Comment

I am glad to hear you have found a work-around via programming. I am still unable to replicate this behavior, however, I will keep track of your report and if other users begin to experience similar memory crashes which I can reproduce we will revisit this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by quantismo, Yesterday, 05:13 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby