Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 8, FXCM - a few questions

Hello,

I have installed Ninjatrader 8 together with a FXCM Demo Account and already bought a lease for the FXCM account. Now I have 3 questions:

1) I wanted to ask why the default demo funds are not deducted once a position is closed? Is this a bug from the BETA? So basically if you open a position it shows P&L on chart and in positions overview - but once you close the position your account summary (account balance, P&L...) is still untouched.

2) Is there any way to get a faster price update rate? I am used to cTrader ECN platform (also wpf/c# technology) which is very fast and you can see so many price changes within just 1 second. But in Ninjatrader its like you get the update at a much slower rate (around 250ms) - or is this because of fxcm slower update stream?

3) I went directly to FXCM for the account (they have different prices than brokerage). Regarding connection configuration... there is a Ninjatrader Brokerage FXCM and a normal FXCM connection - are there any differences? And regarding the commission settings... when using FXCM directly you have a bit different ones than those from the brokerage account (which are already preconfigured in ninjatrader 8) - so do I need to adjust them now for FXCM directly?

Thanks in advance for your time,
    Oliver

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1. This issue was reported in 8.0.0.9 however is fixed in the next release 8.0.0.10. When Beta 10 is available can you please test again and let me know if you experience the same behavior.

2. NinjaTrader will display data as it is received real time from the provider and unfortunately there is not a setting that would change the update rate.

3. The only difference between the two connection is the branding used. I am not familiar with the commissions directly with FXCM there you would need to contact them directly to verify if they are different. If they are different you can create a custom commission template to be used. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Working with Commission Templates:

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

2) I see, so I guess FXCM is limiting the tick/update rate. What I mean is when comparing my cTrader prices with FXCM - I can see 1 bigger price jump on FXCM (e.g. 10 pips at once) to a new price level, while I would see many price changes inbetween this jump for a very short time on cTrader to this new level (e.g. 1,5,8,9,10...). Maybe this would change with a different data provider.

3) Thanks for the info.. well FXCM has a bit lower commissions than Ninjatrade Brokerage (0.3$ per kLot)... but I think once you want to use Ninjatrader - regardless if you have signed up at ninjatrader brokerage FXCM or FXCM directly ... you have to sign the FXCM LoD and pay the fees which are mentioned at ninjatrader brokerage. Am I right here?

Thanks again,
      Oliver

Comment

2. Depending on the source the data provider is using you may see different prices as well as activity since this is not a centralized market.

3. For additional information on account option can you please send a note to [email protected]
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes