NT8 hang on volumeprofile.cs indicator 10 days or more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 hang on volumeprofile.cs indicator 10 days or more

Using 512 tick chart on ES with CME US RTH session selected, the chart freezes with the volumeprofile.cs indicator if I have 10 days or more on the chart. With 10 days or less, everything works fine. This is a new problem that has not occurred until the latest update.

Hello habibalex, thank you for you post.

I am unable to reproduce this. Below where the steps I took.

* I first opened chart, and set the tick value to 512
    * I had applied the CME US Index Futures RTH Trading hours template, and clicked OK
    * I had then applied the volume profile indicator to the chart
    * I right clicked in the background of the chart to access the data series and changed the days to load to 30

I didn't experience any freezing. Which data provider are you connected to?

Are there any errors reporting? You may check this by navigating to the Log tab of the Control Center.

Are there any other settings that may have been left out?
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I finally managed to get an error, instead of it just freezing with no error.

Indicator "Volume Profile" Error on calling "OnMarketData" method on bar 7680 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

Do you have tick replay checked?

Comment

habibalex, I did not.

I'll test this. However, if you uncheck the Tick Replay, do you see the same?

Comment

I do not have problems with tick replay unchecked.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. The tick replay setting is more CPU intensive which may be something you're running into. I was able to load my chart with this checked, but it took time.

I am curious by the error you received. Could you send me your log and trace file so that I may submit a report to our product management team?

You may send the log and trace files by navigating to the Control Center -> Help -> Email Support.... In the body of the email, type ATTN RileyS.

Comment

K sent. 9 days loads in about 3 seconds, 10 days never loads. I don't think that is a CPU issue. Before the upgrade I was able to do about 30 days in 10 seconds. This is a completely different problem.

Comment

This may have to do with the error message with the volume profile add-on.

We'll look into the error and will submit to Product Management.

Comment

Originally posted by habibalex View Post
                    I finally managed to get an error, instead of it just freezing with no error.

Indicator "Volume Profile" Error on calling "OnMarketData" method on bar 7680 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                    Since the exception is being thrown from the VP indicator itself, if you can reproduce the error every time, you should be able to catch the exception using Visual Studio after compiling your NinjaTrader.Custom project in Debug mode:

The community edition is free: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/d...studio-vs.aspx

Make sure you have VS to break on all exceptions and it should provide us some details needed to understand what is happening in your environment:

Thanks for your help/reporting.
                    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I cannot reproduce the error. It only reported the error one time in the log. It would freeze the chart and other ninjatrader windows so I was unable to click on anything.

Everything appears to be working again right now with tick replay selected. This is the first time it is working correctly since I've done the latest update. I'm not sure what has changed, as I haven't changed any indicators since yesterday. Maybe unclicking tick replay then reloading the chart with the volumeprofile.cs indicator added fixed it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post funk10101  
                      Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                      11 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post jeronymite