Unable to load server config file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to load server config file

I received this today at 10:15 am. I clicked the Ok button and it went away. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does it reset or retry again? I never received this before Beta 9.

Hi MarketAlly,

It means NinjaTrader was not able to reach the NinjaTrader servers for a moment.
    This also affects NinjaTrader 7 when the NinjaTrader licensing or config server cannot be reached.

Restart NinjaTrader to connect with the servers again. Let me know if you get the error when restarting.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I run strategies that are unattended on remote servers. Users should not be required to restart NT8 when this message occurs. Or at the very least, the strategy should have a state which us developers can detect to allow us to alert us of this case.

Comment

Hello MarketAlly,

Did the message disrupt your strategy or connection?

I have asked that you restart to ensure that you have a connection to the NinjaTrader servers and that the error does not appear again.

If you have not experienced a disruption and there is not an issue that is preventing you from using NinjaTrader, and you do not want to restart, then don't restart.

The config and license information is communicated when you start up and this is when it is important. The license needs to verify when you start up for your connections to appear. Afterwards it will periodically connect again to ensure there are no advisories and other changes that need to be alerted. If it cannot, this should not cause any issues.

If you are getting disconnections from your connection, this means your internet service is being disrupted.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 03-03-2016, 11:13 AM.

Comment

This strategy was running for 12 hours prior. My strategy appears to be operating correctly but I do not believe a popup box should be the method of communication or not unless the strategy is deactivated and the red dot in the control panel is lit. If the connection was severed, the strategy would be alerted yes? I recall seeing a property to detect the number of retry attempts.

If this can be safely ignored, I will and will add some more checks in the strategy for state changes.

Comment

Hello MarketAlly,

If the price feed or data feed connection (not the licensing / config server) is lost, yes, the strategy will show as red (in a diconnected state) until the connection is re-established.

If the config cannot be downloaded, this will not directly cause the connection to disconnect. However, if you are experiencing a loss of internet or increased latency, this could cause a disconnection.

The message is letting you know that NinjaTrader is not able to communicate with the licensing / config server. While this may have just been a short temporary disruption it may still be information you may want to know.

Would you like to submit a feature request to no longer display communication messages like this in NinjaTrader?

Comment

I have my servers collocated at a pretty robust provider and while that doesn't imply anything other than a perceived failover they state, I understand events can occur.

What is more important to me is if this event would prevent an order from being executed. Specifically if the application has been running and the config/license server cannot be reached 12 hours in - will the strategy be unable to execute the order if the internet connect is still valid?

If it would not, then I need to know what event I should monitor in the strategy to alert me. Since I have never seen this until the mandatory Beta 9 upgrade - I am understandably sensitive to anything new.

Comment

Hello MarketAlly,

This message is not a new message and will also occur with NinjaTrader if the config / license server does not respond.

The message is not involved with the connection or strategy directly but is caused by a lack of communication on the internet.

If you want to detect a connection loss with the price feed or order feed (not related to communicating with the license / config server), you can do this by adding logic to the OnConnectionStatus method in your script.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...tionstatus.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post cls71
                by cls71