Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[NinjaScript Editor] String Color in Dark Skin

Hi the great support team,

Recently I've switched to using the Slate Gray skin.
    Wow, wonderful, superb, fantastic. I love this dark theme really much.

The only minor issue is that in NinjaScript Editor we have difficult-to-read strings when we add the "@" character before it (see the screenshot below).
    Does NT8 let us customize that color? Or can you change the color to a brighter one in the coming version, perhaps yellow or lime.

Thank you very much for your hard work.
    Pi

Attached Files
    ninZa
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

Originally posted by ninZa View Post
    The only minor issue is that in NinjaScript Editor we have difficult-to-read strings when we add the "@" character before it (see the screenshot below).
    Does NT8 let us customize that color? Or can you change the color to a brighter one in the coming version, perhaps yellow or lime.

should be in here some where.

C:\Users\[your user]\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Skins\Slate Gray

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      should be in here some where.

C:\Users\[your user]\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates\Skins\Slate Gray
      Thank you sledge.
      Perhaps it's somewhere there.
      In that folder, I can only find a helpful xaml: NinjaScriptWizard.
      However, this is its mere content:

HTML Code:
      <ResourceDictionary xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
      					xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
      					xmlns:po="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation/options">
      	<!--Dark Theme-->
      	<SolidColorBrush x:Key="BackgroundWizard" Color="#1e1e1e"	po:Freeze="true" />
      	<SolidColorBrush x:Key="BorderWizardInner" Color="#2D2D2F" po:Freeze="true"/>
      	<SolidColorBrush x:Key="BorderWizardOuter" Color="#3e3d42" po:Freeze="true"/>
      </ResourceDictionary>
      ninZa

Comment

Thank you sledge.
        Perhaps it's somewhere there.
        In that folder, I can only find a helpful xaml: NinjaScriptWizard.
        However, this is its mere content:

I found something - in BluePrint.

You might try that DarkRed color first....

Code:
        	<!-- NinjaScript Editor -->
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorBackground"						          Color="#101010"		/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorCommentForeground"				      Color="#7B7466"		/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true"  x:Key[B]="NinjaScriptEditorCompilerErrorForeground"		  	Color="DarkRed"	[/B] 
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorIdentifierForeground"				    Color="#F0F0F0"		/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorIndentationLineForeground"		Color="#363636"	/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorKeywordForeground"				      Color="LightBlue"	/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorLineNumbersBackground"			    Color="#1e1e1e"		/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorLineNumbersForeground"			    Color="#E9E9E9"		/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorNumberForeground"					      Color="#22CDFF"		/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorStringForeground"					      Color="#0076EC"		/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorSyntaxErrorForeground"			    Color="Red"			/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorPlainTextForeground"				    Color="#F3F2F1"		/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorErrorGridBackgroundSelectedTab"	Color="Sienna"		/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorErrorGridBackgroundOtherTab"		Color="OrangeRed"	/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorCaretBrush"						          Color="White"		/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorWarningDotBrush"					Color="Yellow"		/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorErrorDotBrush"					Color="Red"			/>
        	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="FontSelectionBrush" Color="DimGray" />
        Last edited by sledge; 03-05-2016, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I found something - in BluePrint.

You might try that DarkRed color first....

Code:
          	<!-- NinjaScript Editor -->
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorBackground"						          Color="#101010"		/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorCommentForeground"				      Color="#7B7466"		/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true"  x:Key[B]="NinjaScriptEditorCompilerErrorForeground"		  	Color="DarkRed"	[/B] 
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorIdentifierForeground"				    Color="#F0F0F0"		/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorIndentationLineForeground"		Color="#363636"	/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorKeywordForeground"				      Color="LightBlue"	/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorLineNumbersBackground"			    Color="#1e1e1e"		/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorLineNumbersForeground"			    Color="#E9E9E9"		/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorNumberForeground"					      Color="#22CDFF"		/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorStringForeground"					      Color="#0076EC"		/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorSyntaxErrorForeground"			    Color="Red"			/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorPlainTextForeground"				    Color="#F3F2F1"		/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorErrorGridBackgroundSelectedTab"	Color="Sienna"		/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorErrorGridBackgroundOtherTab"		Color="OrangeRed"	/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorCaretBrush"						          Color="White"		/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorWarningDotBrush"					Color="Yellow"		/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="NinjaScriptEditorErrorDotBrush"					Color="Red"			/>
          	<SolidColorBrush po:Freeze="true" x:Key="FontSelectionBrush" Color="DimGray" />
          Thanks sledge. Another step, closer to the solution

I've changed that DarkRed to Lime but seen no change.
          I use a Color Picker tool and find that the impossible-to-read color of @"text" is Maroon (hex #800000). Search the entire BluePrint.xaml for the word "maroon" or "800000" but they are not found.

I'm opening other xaml files to check.

Thank you very much sledge.
          ninZa

Comment

It might not be accessible to us Or has a name not listed here.

Try changing the other ones to see if they have any effect. (Like the numbers).

You did restart NT, correct?

Comment

It might not be accessible to us Or has a name not listed here.

Try changing the other ones to see if they have any effect. (Like the numbers).

You did restart NT, correct?
              Yes, I even restarted my computer
              I'm digging, but no hope so far

We will have to wait for NT staff tomorrow.
              ninZa

Comment

Yes, I even restarted my computer
                I'm digging, but no hope so far

We will have to wait for NT staff tomorrow.
                I did a regular expression replace on every #FF...... color... to #FF00FF00

Didn't help. So it doesn't look inherited from anything else. And I think I changed just about any other color that had Red or Orange... no luck

oh well, tomorrow...

Comment

This may have been overlooked on our end, and may not actually be settable in skins. A developer is currently investigating where/how this color is set, and once we nail that down, I can submit a report to get this font exposed in skin files in the future. I'll keep you posted.
                  Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I've got an update on this one. We were overlooking this one, and since we are just talking about literal strings, we decided to connect the font to the existing "string foreground" key in BluePrint.xaml.

You should be able to control this with NinjaScriptEditorStringForeground starting with the Beta 10 build.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
                      I've got an update on this one. We were overlooking this one, and since we are just talking about literal strings, we decided to connect the font to the existing "string foreground" key in BluePrint.xaml.

You should be able to control this with NinjaScriptEditorStringForeground starting with the Beta 10 build.
                      Thank you for your kind response Dave.

However, NinjaScriptEditorStringForeground is already available for editing in the current version.

In the Slate Gray skin, this parameter is set to #0076EC, which is the light blue color for string without @ (e.g. "sample text"). --> this text color is okay.

However, I want to change the color of string with @ (e.g. @"sample text").
                      See my screenshot above, Dave.

Thanks.
                      ninZa

Comment

The two will be linked in the next release. NinjaScriptEditorStringForeground will affect both normal strings ("string") and literal strings (@"string") beginning in Beta 10.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
                          The two will be linked in the next release. NinjaScriptEditorStringForeground will affect both normal strings ("string") and literal strings (@"string") beginning in Beta 10.
                          Great. Thank you very much for adding this feature so quickly that it will be available in the next release.
                          ninZa

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Aviram Y  
                          Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                          3 responses