Open project in Visual Studio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open project in Visual Studio

"Please shut down all running instances of Visual Studio" is kind of an annoying requirement. Ultimately I can just open the csproj file directly, just mentioning it because it's a handy little shortcut that's rendered useless to me and most likely others who often have many instances of VS open at any given time.

Hello Philmera,

Are you requesting that the "Please shut down all running instances of Visual Studio" message be removed?

Please elaborate on your request and I will be to submit a feature request on your behalf to be included in a future release of NinjaTrader.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I can confirm, this problem is really valid.

Steps to reproduce:
      1. Open any project (other than NT8) in Visual Studio (VS).
      2. Click on VS icon from NinjaScript Editor
      3. Expect to get error message: "Please shut down all running instances of Visual Studio"

What is more, this error pops up even when VS is opened alone as an app, without any project open in it.

Expected behavior:
      • NT8 should report this error message only in case, when there is already open NT8 project.
      • If there are instances with completely other VS projects, there is no reason to report error message and VS project should be opened without any problems

2 ways, ho we can temporarily hack this, until fixed:
      1. Close all opened VS instances -> then click VS icon from NinjaScript Editor -> then open all your other projects
      2. Open all projects via VS icon from the Start menu, instead of clikcin on VS icon from NinjaScript Editor

This issue is really not critical, but little annoying from user experience point of view.

Comment

Hello misova,

Thanks for the feedback.

I will test for these behaviors on my end and then forward your feedback and reproducible steps to the development team to consider implementing a resolution in a future release of the Beta.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
        Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes