Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

8.0.0.9 Horozontal lines STILL not saving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TY

Thx________

Comment

... doesnt seem to have show tabs command under >>>right click on chart>properties> show tabs;its not on there NT 7

Comment

Originally posted by laredo787 View Post
        ... doesnt seem to have show tabs command under >>>right click on chart>properties> show tabs;its not on there NT 7
        I thought we were talking NT8. Ooops.

I double checked your image, NT7. Where are my contacts?!

NT7 doesn't have tabs.

NinjaTrader Support Forum > NinjaTrader 8 Beta > Issue and Bug Reports

Comment

Originally posted by laredo787 View Post
          WOuld you have any idea how i get charts to display on the screen as opposed to simply being on the tool bar and requiring a selection of each chart in turn from the toolbar to move it to the screen,Stuff like this is making NT impossible to use.

Does NT ever come up with a notice saying that there are charts off screen and asking if you want them brought back into the screen area?
          I have run into this on a few occasions but was unsure if it was anything as I would press OK and NT continued on.

However, recently while trying to cause a deliberate NT crash by force shutting it in Windows Task manager, I noticed that Task manager showed - NinjaTrader (5), but on the tool bar, it only showed 2 charts and the main NT user interface.

I have been running into the crashes on closing NT8.0.0.9 sometimes. It does not happen all the time, just randomly crashes and then windows throws the popup saying Ninjatrader has stopped working and needs to close.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
            I thought we were talking NT8. Ooops.

I double checked your image, NT7. Where are my contacts?!

NT7 doesn't have tabs.

NinjaTrader Support Forum > NinjaTrader 8 Beta > Issue and Bug Reports

Ninjatrader 8 beta>Issue and Bug report forum so probably easy to mistake what OP was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by TyJack View Post
              Does NT ever come up with a notice saying that there are charts off screen and asking if you want them brought back into the screen area?
              I have run into this on a few occasions but was unsure if it was anything as I would press OK and NT continued on.

However, recently while trying to cause a deliberate NT crash by force shutting it in Windows Task manager, I noticed that Task manager showed - NinjaTrader (5), but on the tool bar, it only showed 2 charts and the main NT user interface.

I have been running into the crashes on closing NT8.0.0.9 sometimes. It does not happen all the time, just randomly crashes and then windows throws the popup saying Ninjatrader has stopped working and needs to close.
              Is there any reliable way to reproduce this error? I would like to be able to replicate this on my end.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                Is there any reliable way to reproduce this error? I would like to be able to replicate this on my end.

I have no idea how to replicate it reliably. I'm a complete novice when it comes to computers. I'm just reporting what I run into and the best I can do is to screen shot settings but these random issues just happen randomly so it really doesn't give me anything to track down to screen shot. Sometimes everything works fine and then the next session when NT is started back up, its throwing errors every which way with the exact same workspace and set up.

Each time I send log and trace files but I'm told its not showing up in them.

I did find a massive list of error files the other day when doing a uninstall of everything ninja-trader so I could fresh install. I saved them and can email them through but have no real way of knowing if they are all from 8.0.0.9 or some from 8.0.0.8 also in the mix. There will be no log and trace files to go with them as I deleted everything over the weekend to chase the horizontal lines issue.

Let me know if you want them emailed in.
                Last edited by TyJack; 03-14-2016, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TyJack View Post

I have been running into the crashes on closing NT8.0.0.9 sometimes.
                  Yes to your question.... Some earlier posts about this.... I have not seen it in a while...(maybe beta8?).. a few others have had issues in earlier releases...

Are you leaving your charts outside of you main viewing area? Do you have a 2nd monitor?

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                    Yes to your question.... Some earlier posts about this.... I have not seen it in a while...(maybe beta8?).. a few others have had issues in earlier releases...

Are you leaving your charts outside of you main viewing area? Do you have a 2nd monitor?

This is the first version (8.0.0.9) I have had it happen. I have 4 monitors in use. Usually, NT is set out across 3 of them and when this error (Random) comes up and I say OK, nothing seems to actually change. If I have charts set up across 3 screens, they all stay where they are set up. Nothing seems to suddenly come back into the screen/s area, it just seems to stay the same. Sometimes, it will be completely fine through the whole session, NT will be on 3 screens and everything works fine with no error.
                    I have done a complete uninstall along with all workspaces and NT files in the ocuments - Ninjatrader 8 folder over the weekend and did a fresh install and rebuilt the charts and workspace from scratch. I will keep a eye on it this week and if it throws this error again, I'll try and grab everything I can to document it.

When I was uninstalling NT8, I did a search of my computer using : ninjatrader* in the search bar and came up with a HEAP of folders : AppCrash_NinjaTrader.exe_xxxxxxxx
                    (followed by a string of numbers and letters), inside the folder is a : Report.wer file. I copy and saved them all in a folder just in case they might be of some use. Would they be?

The thing I'm not sure about is that in Windows Task Manager, there almost always seems to be more numbers behind the Process : NinjaTrader (X) then how many charts + control center are open if the mouse pointer is hovered over NinaTrader running in the task bar at the bottom of the desktop.

I really don't know if there is any meaning behind that but it was something that I noticed when this items off-screen error was popping up and also when I was testing the horizontal line "all charts" function by force shut down from Windows Task manager.

Comment

Shouldn't we keep this thread on topic? That way NT help might actually be able to do something about the problem. If it wanders around they won't follow the horizontal lines error discussion..

Comment

Originally posted by palinuro View Post
                        Shouldn't we keep this thread on topic? That way NT help might actually be able to do something about the problem. If it wanders around they won't follow the horizontal lines error discussion..

NT support have told me they have replicated the horizontal line issue and will attempt a fix for next release.

These issues also popped up while trying to find a way for NT support to replicate the horizontal lines issue so I added them in in case it was tied together in some way.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                        24 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post spwizard  
                        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Max238