Cumulative PnL not displaying in Chart trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cumulative PnL not displaying in Chart trader

And yes, I have "Show realized PnL when flat" checked in chart trader properties. This is in a sim account if it makes a difference.

Hello Katana,

I was unable to reproduce what you observed through the following steps :

Connect to the Kinetick data feed
    Create a new chart for the ES 03-16 contract
    Open Chart Trader
    Ensure Show realized PnL when flat is checked in Chart Trader's properties
    Make several trades

I would like to ask, could you provide your log and trace files to better aid us in reproducing what you observed?

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1479358

Please also include the contents of your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces folder as an attachment
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello katana,

From your log and trace files, the only peculiarity I was able to find was the message,

there's no market data handler to unsubscribe

This has occurred on one other occasion, and we were unable to reproduce this on our servers at that time as well. I am providing links to the forums posts of interest.

We will continue investigating and attempting to reproduce this behavior. In the meantime, please review those threads, to see if there are any similarities between what has occurred then, and what you have been observing.

Comment

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this post but I am using NT7 and experiencing an issue with Cumulative PnL not displaying in Chart trader.

Under Chart trader properties the option "Show realized PnL when flat" is set to True. Yet the Chart trader PnL shows 0.00 while my broker (Interactive Brokers) shows otherwise.

Also, every time I open Chart trader properties, under the option "PnL display unit", I always have to set it to currency. Even though I hit "Set Default" the option "PnL display unit" is not set to currency when I revisit Chart trader properties. I am less concerned with this issue but still wanted bring it up.

Also, fyi, I corresponded with NT support via email a couple weeks ago about this and they suggested I reset my NT database. Even after doing so I am still experiencing this issue. Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

Hello Assiduous,

What you are describing is a sign that your database needs to be reset. Resetting your database will destroy your existing historical data and ATM templates. Fortunately, these can be backed up.

To back up your database, simply close NinjaTrader and copy your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf file to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.12AUG16.sdf .

Once you have done to, you can reset your database with an option in Tools -> Options -> Data. OK or YES any prompts that come up, and then press OK to leave the options dialog.

Please let us know if this behavior persists through a database reset, or if there are any other ways we can help.

Comment

I apologize if my last comments about the database reset were ambiguous. Nevertheless, I have just performed a second database reset at 1:44PM Central Time. I restarted NinjaTrader and re-establish my data and broker connections. I place a trade using Chart Trader and took a small loss however the Chart Trader continues to display 0.00. I checked my logs starting at the database reset and the only weird thing I see is a message about "Market data farm connection" (see attached). Not sure what else to do at this point.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for this additional information. I have looked at Interactive Broker's support forums, and this message seems designed, as far as I could tell from my research, to inform users that they are experiencing excessive packet loss and are being disconnected.

Please contact Interactive Brokers support about this message you have been seeing. It may not resolve your PnL query, and in that event, please return here so we can assist further. However, a discontinuous data feed will make it more difficult to diagnose anything going on with NinjaTrader, and resolving this query will make it easier to assist you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
                Thank you for this additional information. I have looked at Interactive Broker's support forums, and this message seems designed, as far as I could tell from my research, to inform users that they are experiencing excessive packet loss and are being disconnected.

Please contact Interactive Brokers support about this message you have been seeing. It may not resolve your PnL query, and in that event, please return here so we can assist further. However, a discontinuous data feed will make it more difficult to diagnose anything going on with NinjaTrader, and resolving this query will make it easier to assist you.
                According to a post earlier this year, the data farm message in the logs are nothing of concern.
                http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...active+brokers

Also, I think information from an even older post answers my question regarding the PnL....
                http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...brokers&page=2

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post TraderBCL  
                Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                19 responses