Risk Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risk Management

Hello, I'm new to this user group but a long time user of Ninja Trader 7. Just a quick question with regard to Ninja trader 8.

Are there any new features, current or proposed, that would enable users to define maximum loss or draw down limits across an account?. For example, a setting where I define a maximum loss percentage or value, when if reached, all positions would be liquidated and existing orders cancelled.

Hello futuresman,

Thank you for your post.

There is a new feature for Risk Management called the Risk window in which you can create risk templates to apply to accounts. For information on this feature please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ding_risks.htm

These templates will only manage risk based on maximums and margin, but will not focus on maximum loss per day/session, etc. This would require custom programming in NinjaScript.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Risk Management

Thank you for your reply. I followed the provided link and reviewed the documentation. It states the following,

"A Risk Template is a collection of risk definitions that can be used by Simulation accounts to track the amount of Margin being used."

My question, this feature can only be utilized with a simulation account and not for live trading?

It could be useful for live trading, where a trader could implement stricter risk guidelines by limiting the number of contracts one can trade and/or raising initial margin for specific contracts. I understand the potential exists for the user to do the opposite, so this presents a problem for live trading as well.

Any idea on how this will be handled or implemented moving forward with the release of NinjaTrader 8?

Comment

Hello futuresman,

The Risk Templates can be applied to any account you are connected to. Regardless of being simulation or live.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
          Hello futuresman,

The Risk Templates can be applied to any account you are connected to. Regardless of being simulation or live.
          I must correct myself here, this will not work live accounts and is designed to work with simulation accounts.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Max238
          by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
          24 responses
          0 likes