Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 hangs and load slower

Hi,

I am trying out NT8 Beta 9. But found it to be less stable than NT7.

My chart keeps hanging by itself and loads slower than NT7.

Is this an issue? or did i install my NT8 wrongly?

thanks
    ystan79

Originally posted by ystan79 View Post
    Hi,

thanks
    ystan79

This seems to be how NT8 is. I'm running a 8-core 4.75GHz, 32GB ram and it seems to take ages to load charts on start up. I had a 3rd party developer remote log in to do something else and he commented how fast my load times for NT8 were compared to him.

NT8 seems to be slow on load up but hopefully that is offset when all the bugs are ironed out with a more stable platform and can handle more faster using the multi-cores in the CPU.

Comment

Hello,
      Can you please answer the questions below so I may further assist you?
      Are you currently running any custom scripts?
      Are any other programs currently hanging as well?
      Have you downloaded and currently use any Tick Market Replay data?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
        Hello,
        Can you please answer the questions below so I may further assist you?
        Hi answering your questions:

- Yes I am running 3 custom scripts on each chart. But in NT7 I am running more but do not have this issue.

- No other programs ( I assume you are saying other programs that are not Ninja trader e.g. explorer, MSwords) are not hanging.

- No I have not downloaded and is not using any Tick Market Replay data.

Comment

Originally posted by ystan79 View Post
          Hi,

thanks
          ystan79
          Nothing has really been quantified here... no idea what you are loading, how much you are loading (10 years of historical data?), etc.

There's a previous post explaining downloading in NT8...

Yes, NT8 is still in BETA and still needs work. Are you outside of the USA? The new load routine might be even worse in your case.

Comment

Multiple factors may play in to long load times. Items that user Sledge has mentioned will cause longer load times as well. I would recommend following the steps of this test below so that you may compare with a plain chart in regards to your current charts.
            As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

Shut down NinjaTrader

Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces

Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder

After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issue.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM; 03-14-2016, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Hi Ryan M.,

Thanks for your reply. But you mentioned NT7 workspace folder.

I am actually facing slow down on NT8 was that a Typo or did you really mean I need to work on NT7 first to make NT8 load faster?

Thanks
              ystan79

Comment

Hello,
                You are correct. I am referring to NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Hello,

I am also having the same issue. It takes forever for my workspace to load and hangs quite frequently.

I am not running any custom script. No other programs that are not NT8 are hanging. I have not downloaded nor use any tick market replay data.

I have just gone through the process described. No issues with the new chart but it has taken 5 min. 31 secs. exactly for the first chart of the worksplace to load, and 9 mins. 34 secs. tor all the charts of the workplace to load.

It takes less than 1 minute for a similar workplace to load on NT7.

Any suggestions before I give up on NT8?

Thak you

Comment

Hello apollo112,

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
                    Please reference the following in the email body: ATTN RyanM
                    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=83698

Comment

Originally posted by appolo112 View Post
                      Hello,

I am also having the same issue. It takes forever for my workspace to load and hangs quite frequently.

I am not running any custom script. No other programs that are not NT8 are hanging. I have not downloaded nor use any tick market replay data.

I have just gone through the process described. No issues with the new chart but it has taken 5 min. 31 secs. exactly for the first chart of the worksplace to load, and 9 mins. 34 secs. tor all the charts of the workplace to load.

Thak you

Do you have "Tick Replay" checked for any of the charts?
                      To check if its enable - Tools/Options/Market data - Show Tick Replay {Checked}
                      If enabled, there will be a check box appear in the "Data Series" setup for charts. This can be checked if you need Tick Replay data for that chart or leave it unchecked if you don't. Go through and check all the charts to see if there is not one with it that's gone unnoticed. Or that there's not other workspaces opening at the same time.

NT8 is able to grab historical tick data (Bid/Offer data) which means there is a lot more to load when compared to NT7. If there are indicators on that chart that rely on the Tick Replay data to calculate, those calculations are done while loading. Keeping the "Days to load" length to a minimum needed will help limit load times as well.

If you don't need Tick Replay on some charts, keep it unchecked. It can help with load times.

It also depends on your computer as well. Have noticed a HUGE difference in load times between a 4 core 2.2GHz laptop and 8 core 4.7GHz desktop.

Not sure if that's any help in your case.
                      Last edited by TyJack; 08-10-2016, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Hello,
                        As TyJack has mentioned tick data and the Tick Replay feature will decrease PC performance initially. I have included the PC Performances Tip guide located within the Help Guide.
                        http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ance_tips2.htm

Comment

Originally posted by appolo112 View Post
                          Hello,

Thak you

When you say "hang", what do you mean? It seems to freeze during the loading phase, EG blank chart/s with "Loading...." in the top left corner or it seems to load to a black chart not populated by anything, or its loading populated charts but is then unresponsive?

It might be worth to shut down NT8
                          Open
                          Documents>NinaTrader 8>db>cache - delete contents of folder
                          Documents>NinaTrader 8>db>day - delete contents of folder
                          Documents>NinaTrader 8>db>minute - delete contents of folder
                          Documents>NinaTrader 8>db>tick - delete contents of folder

Then launch NT8 again. This will force it to grab all data again. Might get you back up and running.

This is always my first step now when I run into issues during load.

From what I can understand, NT8 has a initial long load time as it downloads all the data, does the calculations and populates the charts. Future load times should then be shorter as the majority of historical data is already on the computer and only downloads the new data from the last shutdown to this start. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

If something gets "corrupted" in this stored data, it can increase the load times as it tries to deal with whatever is not correct. Sometimes going into a endless "Loading.....", loading a blank chart/s or "Ninjatrader has stopped working...." crash.

Deleting the stored data forces it to start fresh and download the needed data new again. Once the 1st download is completed, hopefully the following ones should be reasonable load times again for a time.

It might be enough of a fix to get you up and running again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                          47 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post aligator  
                          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post jaybedreamin