Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Getting weird final P&L readings after trade shuts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting weird final P&L readings after trade shuts.

Have been testing NT8.0.0.9 out with Sim and today there have been some very weird finalized P&L figures. Previously I had not noticed this behavior.

It seems that sometimes it randomly thinks a tick on the ES is worth $25 or more then other times it finalizes a trade at $12.50/tick.

Seems to be happening randomly.

I've tried to see what is happening but I can't make out why it seems to be arriving at such varying deference in the finalized P&L figures.

Have just done a windows update this morning for critical components (some .NET), did a reboot then opened up charts. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Hello TyJack,

Thanks for your post.

Could you add some clarity or steps to reproduce? (I know you said it is random but I have no idea where you are getting to so help us understand where this happening and what the conditions are). Is this in the chart trader, superdom, account tab, etc?
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
      Hello TyJack,

Thanks for your post.

Could you add some clarity or steps to reproduce? (I know you said it is random but I have no idea where you are getting to so help us understand where this happening and what the conditions are). Is this in the chart trader, superdom, account tab, etc?

Chart trader, Properties, show realized P&L when flat. This $ figure seems to jump wildly from time to time not in proportion to the closed trade P&L.

I have only noticed this happening today. It does not seem to be slippage and I have kept a 5 tick stop on the whole day but seems to jump $100-150 +/- with very small gain or loss trades (+/- 4-5 ticks on ES).

Do you have a email and I can send you any files you require.

I'm having other issues with NT also so it may be something or nothing, I really don't know.

Comment

Hello TyJack,

Thanks for your reply. Are you saying the pnl display fluctuates after a trade is completed and you have no other position? Or are you saying that when in a position that the position PNL display changes do not match the chart price changes?

Please feel free to send in to PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com Atten:Paul and a link to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
          Hello TyJack,

Thanks for your reply. Are you saying the pnl display fluctuates after a trade is completed and you have no other position? Or are you saying that when in a position that the position PNL display changes do not match the chart price changes?

Please feel free to send in to PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com Atten:Paul and a link to this thread.

No, its the realized P&L on the chart trader after trades are closed out. It stops out -5 or I close a open trade +4 but the realized P&L will be $100-150 moved in its total.

ES is $12.5/tick and should have only changed - $62.50 or + $50.00.

What data would you like forwarded to you to check? Just log and trace and nothing else?

Comment

Hello TyJack,

Yes, send in your log and trace files.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post arvidvanstaey