NT8b9 How to stop NT to generate wrapper for partial class IndicatorBase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8b9 How to stop NT to generate wrapper for partial class IndicatorBase

I want to split my custom indicator base into separate files using partial class:
    Code:
    [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]
    [SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas][COLOR=#0000ff]public [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]partial [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]class[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000] my[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]IndicatorBase[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#000000] : [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#2b91af]Indicator[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Unfortunately NT8 keeps generating the wrapper for both files causing compile error:
    "The type 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.Indicator' already contains a definition for 'cachemyIndicatorBase'"

Is there a way to stop NT8 from generating wrapper for specific file/namespace/class?
    If not is there any workaround for this issue?

Place it in the AddOns folder instead.

Comment

Thanks! Can't try at the moment but looks like it will work (if NT generates wrapper based on the file location and not on the namespace as I naively assumed).

This is also one more reason why adding other folders (like eg.: "Common") to the "Custom" project are so important - my AddOn folder already includes so much stuff unrelated to add ons that more appropriate name for it would be "Everything-Else-You-Have-No-Idea-Where-To-Put-Or-Cannot-Put-Anywhere-Else"

Comment

Hello gregid,

wbennettjr is correct the and partial classes will need to be in the Addons folder.

Please see the following thread below for an example of partial classes.
        http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...980#post442980
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Mongo, Yesterday, 11:05 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Mongo
        by Mongo

Started by ct, 05-07-2023, 12:31 PM