attach an order to an indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attach an order to an indicator

Currently I am running nthe latest version of NT8. A few months ago I had an earlier NT8 version and was able to attach an order to an indicator. Now I get the following error. Anyone know what could be the problem? Do I have to reinstall NT8?
    Attached Files

Thank you for reporting this to us. I'm not able to reproduce this one my end with Beta 9, but perhaps there is something I'm missing from your scenario. Is this happening on all instruments, every time you try to attached an order, or do you find it only happens on a single instrument, or only from time to time? Are you attaching the order to a custom indicator, or one of the pre-loaded ones? Can you think of anything else that could be coming into play in your scenario that is out of the ordinary?
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I just got busy with work so I'll try to respond to this in a few days time when I next get a chance to look at my screen.

Comment

Hi . I finally got a minute to respond to your question.

I have a 60 min chart of 6E 06-16.
        If I load the indicator Parabolic SAR I can attach to it. But, if I load the indicator swing and try to attach a buy order to the swing low it won't work.

Comment

I see now, thank you. This is to be expected with Swing specifically, due to the way that the indicator is drawing its plots. Rather than drawing continuous plots all the way up to the current bar, Swing only sets values for its plots when the right conditions are met, and then resets the plot afterward. In realtime, you will not have a current plot value to which to attach your order, since the plots are drawn based on data from previous bars.
          Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920  
          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes