Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja server bug?

Hello Ninja Team,

Please, look at the picture. The chart is 1 Renko. There is a steep raise of the price on it. Every time I close NT b9 and then start it again that raise is shifted to another position, about the time I connect to my Continuum. Cleaning NT's cache and even complete NT reinstallation with deleting Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder doesn't help. Every time I connect to my Continuum the issue is repeated.

I have been watching this issue for all the day today, my local time (for about 8 hours).

This isn't the first time the issue appears. There was another case about two months ago. It had been lasting for, maybe, a month that time. Finally I completely reinstalled NT with deleting Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder and the issue disappeared. But this time that trick doesn't help.

What's going on?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by quicktrick; 03-15-2016, 11:01 AM.

You haven't replied to this report.

Anyway, today I don't see yesterday's issue. May it have something to do with the contract rollover?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can you tell me what data provider you are connected to within NinjaTrader. Also can you tell me what rollover date is used for 06-16 with the steps I have provided below:
      • Tools->Instruments
      • Select ES
      • Edit
      • Scroll to the bottom and left mouse click on 48 rollovers
      • Select 06-16 and the Rollover date will be listed on the right
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Christopher,

I am connected to NinjaTrader Brokerage. The rollover date is 03-10-2016. But I had tested my strategy on ES 03-16 until 03-15-2016 and only then I manually switched to ES 06-16. So that day was the first day I switched to ES 06-16.

I guess the previous time I encountered the same issue was after I switched to the next contract too. That time I watched some strange big price fluctuation on time-based charts (ES 1 min, 5 min, 8 min, 60 min). Every time I connected to Continuum the last historical bar of the chart had huge upper and lower wicks. I don't have any pictures from that time, sorry. The issue had lasted for about a month until I completely reinstalled NT with removing Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder.

Comment

I have tested this on my end and I was unable to reproduce this issue when changing from ES 03-16 to ES 06-16.

If this occurs again can you please right click within your chart and select "Reload All Historical Data" and let me know if the data loads as expected.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post TradeForge  
          Started by aprilfool, 12-03-2022, 03:01 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes