Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer property

Hi,

In the NT7 it was available to set the property "# of bars to look back" for the Market Analyzer window (and I did it from my script). I am converting the script to NT8 and cannot find this property. Could you explain how that property works in the NT8?

Hello AlexGn,

With NinjaTrader 7 the Market Analyzer indicator columns use a # of bars to load and do not have an option for Days to load.

With NinjaTrader 8, the Market Analyzer now has a Days to load option for indicator columns.

What was the code you were using to set the '# of bars to load' in NinjaTrader 7? (This would be something unsupported and not covered in the help guide.)
    I'll try and find the equivalent in NT8.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Thank you for your assistance. The code is unsupported, you are absolutely right. That is why I did not mention it. But let's imagine that it is not about how to set it programmatically. Is it possible at all to set "# of bars to look back" in the NT8 for an indicator (and reach the same bahavior as in NT7)?

Comment

Hello AlexGn,

Is the code you are accomplishing this with in NinjaTrader 7 not something you can share on the forum?

If so, please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.

For anyone watching this thread, I will post the any information I find for NinjaTrader 8 in this thread.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 03-22-2016, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

I can share it, no problem:
          Code:
                              object o1 = typeof(MarketAnalyzerColumnBase).GetProperty("BoardControl", System.Reflection.BindingFlags.Instance | System.Reflection.BindingFlags.Public).GetValue(this, null);
                              o1.GetType().GetProperty("BarsBack", System.Reflection.BindingFlags.Instance | System.Reflection.BindingFlags.Public).SetValue(o1, signalLookback * 2, null);

Comment

Hi AlexGn,

Thanks for the code snippet.

Reflection can still be used with NinjaTrader 8. I'm looking around when we have free time to see if I can work out if changing the data series is still possible.

If I do find any further information I will report this back to you.

Comment

Hi AlexGn,

I've given this a few attempts and asked around our development for tips, however, our development is highly discouraging any attempts at using reflection.

Instead, there is an existing feature request for this with ID# SFT-1270, 'Allow MarketAnalyzer properties to be set via NS'. Your vote has been added toward this.

In meantime, after the data has started, you can do a BarsRequest to get any data you need (and a bar update as well if you want).
              http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...arsrequest.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aa731
              by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM