Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Market Analyzer Column

Hi,

I am converting my NT7 script to NT8 and have faced with the issue which I have no idea how to resolve. In my public class CustomColumn : MarketAnalyzerColumn I declare my object NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.myIndicator m_ind; where "myIndicator" is indicator which I use successfully on the chart.
    When I try to intialize my m_ind in the OnBarUpdate() like
    m_ind = myIndicator(required_parameters_are_here);
    I get the error "Market analyzer column 'CustomColumn': Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar 0: The calling thread must be STA, because many UI components require this."

Any ideas what is the reason of that and how to avoid it will be greatly appreciated

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

Do you have a sample script that is simplified and demonstrates the error?

Also I wanted to check, are you converting a NinjaTrader.MarketAnalyzer.Column (nt7) to a MarketAnalyzerColumn (nt8) or was this a Indicator to a Column? Can you provide more detail on the conversion as well?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,

You are right, I am trying to convert NinjaTrader.MarketAnalyzer.Column(nt7) to a MarketAnalyzerColumn (nt8). Can you advise anything based on that?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for clearing that up.

As the NT7 columns were never technically supported there will be a gap in the NT8 helpguide in respect for conversions there. Unfortunately without seeing what syntax was working that is not currently working to compare its pretty hard to say what is required.

Could you provide a sample of the syntax you had used in NT7 that is not currently working in its full context? I just mean could you create a empty column in NT7 that only contains the code in question and ensure it can compile?

I could review that sample and see if I can locate the same process in NT8 or if I know of anything that may replace what you are currently doing I could suggest that.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes