X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Charts not refreshing with IB and Playback Connection

Hello,

I have a problem with NT8 charts.

They are able to load data either from Interactive Brokers (pacing limits considered - not source of this problem) or Playback Connection (data are downloaded and exist as Historical Data) but chart stays still - nothing moves, price do not change, no new bars and it stays that way.

With Continuum datafeed it works ok and charts usually starts to show some movement.

Maybe I am doing something wrong.
    Could your help me to make NT8 work?

Regards, Pavel

Hello pavelkpc, thank you for your post and feedback.

It's unclear to me which data provider you're seeing this with.

Are you not seeing any movement with IB, NinjaTrader Continuum, or both?

I look forward to your reply.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Interactive Brokers: no movement
      Playback Connection: no movement
      NinjaTrade Continuum: works fine

Comment

Hello pavelkpc, thank you for you for your post.

Please upgrade your platform to troubleshoot.

You can do so by navigating to the Control Center -> Help -> License Key..., and right click and copy the license key. Next, navigate to to the Control Center -> Help -> Download

After the Download web page appears, close NinjaTrader, enter your license key in the download site, and select NinjaTrader 8 to download and install.

If you see the same, what build of Trader Workstation/Gateway are you running? You can see this by going to Help > About Trader Workstation....

Have imported Playback data? If so, what instrument and date have you imported?

Comment

Hello,

just upgraded from 8.0.0.9 64bit to 8.0.0.10 64bit and situation is as following:
          - Interactive Brokers - started to work after about 30-40 seconds after connection to TWS
          - Ninjatrader Continuum - works right after connection
          - Playback Connection - using Historical data downloaded as Tick + Minute + Day / Ask + Bid + Last from Ninjatrader Continuum data source; data loads, shows some range and that's all - no movement at all (time on Playback window is runnig; market is open at that time)

Is there anything I could provide to help?

Pavel

Comment

Hello pavelkpc, thank you for your reply.

I'm glad that you're able to properly connect to IB.

As for the Playback Connection, if you would like to replay historical data, you would have to download historical tick data by either opening a chart and requesting the amount of days you would like to load or through the historical data manager which you may access by navigating to the Control Center -> Tools -> Import -> Historical Data... -> Import section. You must be connected to a data provider that supports tick data to download tick data. I would advise that you connect to NinjaTrader Continuum which provides this data.

We also have Playback data which doesn't require a data provider for download. You can do this by navigating to the Control Center -> Tools -> Historical Data... -> Get Market Replay data section. Select an instrument to download, select the date you would like to be downloaded, and then click Download.

After downloading from one of the methods above, attempt to connect to the Playback Connection to test. When connected to the Playback Connection and in the Playback Controller, select the correct radio button that you have data downloaded for. If Playback data, ensure that the radio button is set to Market Replay, and if Tick data, ensure that the radio button is set to Historical.

Please review the following link on the Playback connection from our help guide:
            https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...connection.htm
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_RileyS; 03-22-2016, 11:53 AM.

Comment

I have downloaded data by going to Tools - Historical Data - Load - Download - selected Instrument, date range, ticked all checkboxes - Download.

I can see change in Ask/Bid/Last price on Market Analyzer but no chart movement nor the charted price reflect what I see on Market Analyzer.

I have found that surprisingly last week of data works and replays the market but older data do not even though they are present in Historical Data as Tick, Minute and Daily data.

BTW: new NT8 release 8.0.0.10 had already frozen for about 10 times today and I was forced to kill the process; that was not happening with 8.0.0.9

Comment

Hello, thank you for posting back.

Could you test a blank workspace with the Playback Connection?

First, please disconnect from your connections and navigate to the Control Center -> Workspaces -> Hover your mouse hover all of your workspace and select close. Once you close all of your workspaces, NinjaTrader 8 will automatically open a new workspace. Once you see that the new workspace is launched, connect to the Playback Connection.

After connecting, test a chart to see if you see any movement. If you see none, I would advise right clicking on the Playback Controller and select Available Data.... In the available data window, double check the data you have. Once doublechecked, right click once again on the Playback Controller and select Go To.... In the Go To window, set the date and time of the data that you have downloaded which will take you to the exact date and time that you have chosen.

Ensure that you click the play button on the Playback Controller, and then you if you don't see any movement click the ^ to increase the speed to see if the data starts populating eventually.

If you see the same, what instrument (please include expiry) for what day do you have downloaded so that I may test on my end?

Comment

Hello,

I have done as you suggested.

New chart had opened, data were loaded appropriately to Start date set on Playback but even though time runs on Playback window no chart movement.

Checked Available Data for ES 03-16 and yes, I have Tick (and others) from 3. 1. 2016 till 31. 1. 2016. Market Analyzer was showing proper results and ... and during I write this ES started to show some movement on the chart.

Definitely not sure what is this but at least it looks ok now.
                  (so far I spent few hours with attempts to make it work so definitely not sure what happened)

Comment

Hello pavelkpc, thank you for your reply.

So after testing a blank workspace, you were able to see movement with the Playback connection?

Or, do you still see the same?

Comment

It does not seem to be workspace related. It was probably my lack of knowledge how to work with NT charts & futures such as ES I was looking at.

I was looking at a date range where that particular expiration was not yet traded (such as to look at ES 03-16 at Jan 2015). It looked ok as data were loaded for that date range and displayed on chart correctly but replay is not able to handle that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post elderan
                      by elderan

Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes