Rollover . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rollover . . .

Not sure why, but the database has been trying to roll me over to the 6C 07-16 contract, which of course,doesn't exist. Today when I rolled over the crude and mini crude contracts using NT8 auto-rollover in the Database Menu, I unchecked the 6C 07-16 button, assuming doing so meant: don't include that product in the rollover. It rolled it over anyway. What is the check box for next to a product, if not to include or don't include it when rolling over?

Also, the March Oil contract actually rolled over at the end of yesterday's session, however it wasn't available to rollover in the NT8 Database menu until after the session started today. The same timing occurred with the currencies: auto rollover wasn't available until the next day morning after volume had rolled over from one contract to the next the prior day at the beginning of the new session, which made the auto rollover moot, since I had to do it all manually anyway to get into the new contracts in a timely manner.

Since the auto-rollover isn't automatic and must be initiated by the user at the users discretion, please consider making the rollover available perhaps a week prior to actual rollover. This gives the user more discretion as to when they would actually like to rollover into the upcoming front month, rather than forcing them to rollover after the new contract has already started.

Please advise.

Hello Pirsqard,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward your request on the automatic rollover to development.

I do not see the issue with the 07-16 contract on my end though. Can you try renaming the database and test again to see if the behavior continues?

You will find the database under Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db. It will be named 'NinjaTrader'. Rename it to 'Old.NinjaTrader' and then restart NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello Pirsqard,

Thank you for your post.

I will forward your request on the automatic rollover to development.

I do not see the issue with the 07-16 contract on my end though. Can you try renaming the database and test again to see if the behavior continues?

You will find the database under Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db. It will be named 'NinjaTrader'. Rename it to 'Old.NinjaTrader' and then restart NinjaTrader 8.
      Hi Patrick,

As for the 6C 07-16 contract, I think it was an anomaly and I simply deleted it and manually installed the correct contract. But what about the check boxes next to the roll-over contracts in the "Rollover futures instruments" dialog box? You made no mention of my experience that they don't work, checked or unchecked the database still rolls over the instrument in question. Aren't they there for a reason, which, as I assumed, would be to not rollover an instrument if you uncheck it. It still rolls an instrument over even when you uncheck it. Did you tested my experience in this matter? Just like my request above to allow traders more options as to when they would personally like to rollover to the next contract rather than giving them the one option of rolling over after the instrument has actually rolled over, providing a check box to not rollover an instrument that doesn't really work is just more inconvenience to traders. Please look into that issue as well.

Thank you

Comment

Pirsqard,

Agreed and thank you for your patience.

This has been reported to development.

Comment

The feature request for automatic rollover is being tracked under the id SFT-1285.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
          14 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Board game geek  
          Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby