SIM 101 Super DOM Order Placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIM 101 Super DOM Order Placement

I am unable to place orders back to back, and or adjust stops on the fly in Static Super Dom. I get an error that reads OCO order ID is already in use...Etc...I have to re-set the account before I can place another order. It does the same thing when use Market Data Replay.

Hello fatpanda,

One of the great features of NinjaTrader is its ability to submit two entry orders, one which will cancel if the other is filled.

If this is not what you would like to do, Right-click in the SuperDOM and ensure the menu option "OCO Order" is unchecked at all times.

If this is what you intended on doing, you can accomplish a breakout/breakdown approach with the following approach :

• Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to enable this function
    • For your first order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    • Submit your stop order to buy above the market
    • For your second order, select the desired option from the "ATM Strategy" drop down list
    • Submit your stop order to sell below the market
    • CRITICAL Right click in the SuperDOM and select the menu "OCO Order" to disable this function
    • For a market fade approach just substitute limit orders with stop orders. This entry technique is demonstrated in our free ATM Level I training class that we hold several times per week.

Click here complete schedule of our various free training sessions

Click here for more information on submitting orders in the SuperDOM

If you are using Simulation orders, the order will not be active while NinjaTrader is running. You would need to ensure that NinjaTrader is still running and connected in order for that order to fill.

On a live order, the location of the order will depend on it's state and the broker you are using.

Click here for information on where orders reside
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
    2 responses