Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8-Beta10 DataBox showing Non Existent DataSeries

Hello,

While developing my strategy, I added 2 transparent plots for Long-term (Mkt_LT_TrendDirection) and Short-term (Mkt_ST_TrendDirection).

I have since removed the plot for Long-term trend, since did not what to include it anymore.

But, even after successfully recompiling and re-executing the strategy using Strategy Analyzer, the Data Box still shows the deleted Mkt_LT_Direction dataseries plot. NT even continues to update its values as I move the cursor over the chart. Please see upload gif file.

I developed the strategy using NT8-Beta9 and was seeing the same weird Data Box behavior then, but I thought perhaps it would fix itself when I migrated to NT8-Beta10.

But it did not.

Can you please tell me what I would need to do to get NT8-Beta10 to properly compile and update itself so that the Data Box is correctly reflecting the plots defined in the strategy ?

Thank you

These are the statements I currently use in the strategy to define the transparent strategy plots

AddPlot(new Stroke() { Brush = Brushes.Transparent, Width = 1, DashStyleHelper = DashStyleHelper.Solid }, PlotStyle.Dot, "Mkt_CurrentBar");
    AddPlot(new Stroke() { Brush = Brushes.Transparent, Width = 1, DashStyleHelper = DashStyleHelper.Solid }, PlotStyle.Dot, "Mkt_ST_TrendDirection");
    AddPlot(new Stroke() { Brush = Brushes.Transparent, Width = 1, DashStyleHelper = DashStyleHelper.Solid }, PlotStyle.Dot, "Mkt_Position");
    AddPlot(new Stroke() { Brush = Brushes.Transparent, Width = 1, DashStyleHelper = DashStyleHelper.Solid }, PlotStyle.Dot, "Mkt_BarNum");
    AddPlot(new Stroke() { Brush = Brushes.Transparent, Width = 1, DashStyleHelper = DashStyleHelper.Solid }, PlotStyle.Dot, "Mkt_BarColor");
    AddPlot(new Stroke() { Brush = Brushes.Transparent, Width = 1, DashStyleHelper = DashStyleHelper.Solid }, PlotStyle.Dot, "Mkt_HighestHigh");
    AddPlot(new Stroke() { Brush = Brushes.Transparent, Width = 1, DashStyleHelper = DashStyleHelper.Solid }, PlotStyle.Dot, "Mkt_LowestLow");
    AddPlot(new Stroke() { Brush = Brushes.Transparent, Width = 1, DashStyleHelper = DashStyleHelper.Solid }, PlotStyle.Dot, "Mkt_BarTickProfit");
    AddPlot(new Stroke() { Brush = Brushes.Blue, Width = 1, DashStyleHelper = DashStyleHelper.Solid }, PlotStyle.Dot, "Mkt_TradeFixedPT");
    AddPlot(new Stroke() { Brush = Brushes.Transparent, Width = 1, DashStyleHelper = DashStyleHelper.Solid }, PlotStyle.Dot, "Optf_Dollars");
    AddPlot(new Stroke() { Brush = Brushes.Transparent, Width = 1, DashStyleHelper = DashStyleHelper.Solid }, PlotStyle.Dot, "LargestLoss");
    Attached Files

Hello Lucius,

Thanks for your post.

So that we can assist you, please either post your strategy here or send it into platformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]Com Mark the email Atten: Paul and a link to this thread.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,

I decided to try creating a new strategy by re-saving the old strategy by a new name, then deleting the old strategy.

It worked, the Data Box lists the correct number of data series now for the strategy.

There must of been some form of Data Box cache residue that got deleted along with the old strategy name.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ScottWalsh  
      Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes