Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Alert Templates Request (From todays Webinar)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert Templates Request (From todays Webinar)

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the great presso today.

I just wanted to add a thread for potential votes for being able to have a default alert template, which we can apply to a drawing object (such as a horizontal line).

Currently if we have a normal alert which we use often (such as a beep and popup on a horizontal line break) this takes a lot of time to do through the alert manager, 13 mouse clicks to achieve (3 for the line and 10 to add the alert).

Some suggestions for this feature are:
    1. Being able to save a default alert template (or templates).
    2. Being able to right click on any drawing object and ‘Attach default alert template’
    3. Being able to automatically add the default alert template to any new drawing object. For example if we want all horizontal lines to automatically have the default alert template added when we draw them.

Also, I would like to suggest two other improvenemnts to Alerts:
    1. Firstly is to have the option of an alert type being a ‘Windows Notification’ as these are less obtrusive and will stay in the bottom right of our screen until we can deal with it.
    2. Secondly, is on the Alert popup if we could have a button which says something like ‘Make active window’. So when the popup appears, we can click this button and it will make that window/tab where the alert was the active tab. This would be super helpful as with NT8 we can have many tabs, and it can be time consuming to try and find the chart where we created the alert.

There was a previous thread where some of these things were discussed at
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=79743 (I recall another thread also on the topic, but I couldn’t find it just now sorry).

Cheers,
    Shane
    Last edited by ShaneAU; 04-23-2016, 05:37 PM. Reason: Updated number of mouse clicks required to 13 as I just double checked this

Hello,
    Thank you for fleshing out this suggestion and adding to it. I will be forwarding this to our development team as a vote for the existing SFT-878 and add your notes to it to flesh the suggestion more.

Thank you for your suggestions and feedback on the alerts.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Cody, much appreciated.

However it is achieved I think the underlying need is a quick and efficient way to put our favorite alert at a particular price point (or attached to an object or both)

For me this would be some scenario where I can tap a hot key and place a horizontal line on my chart with default alert settings attached. Another alternative which someone mentioned could be right-clicking a price level and adding an alert that way.

Cheers,
      Shane

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneAU View Post
        Thanks Cody, much appreciated.

However it is achieved I think the underlying need is a quick and efficient way to put our favorite alert at a particular price point (or attached to an object or both)

For me this would be some scenario where I can tap a hot key and place a horizontal line on my chart with default alert settings attached. Another alternative which someone mentioned could be right-clicking a price level and adding an alert that way.

Cheers,
        Shane
        I totally agree. +1

Comment

I totally agree, this is exactly what I need too. Would be hugely appreciated!

Comment

Please add Speech to these line alert requests

Please consider adding an option for speech that would say the price touched, not necessarily crossed.

Preference would be for it to say: price of line, instrument name, period, bar type and then price again. The information stated would help to go directly to the appropriate instrument and chart rather than just saying a line was touched on some chart you have out there.

Thank you for reviewing this.

Comment

I vote for this change/addition

I need to add 10 chars...

Comment

Add my vote please.

Comment

Hi guys,

Could someone from NT please confirm the last several votes for SFT-878 have been recorded?

Thanks & cheers,
                  Shane

Comment

Hello,
                    Yes, I have submitted the votes on this thread towards SFT-878.
                    Thank you everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_CodyB View Post
                      Yes, I have submitted the votes on this thread towards SFT-878.Thank you everyone.
                      What exactly does SFT-878 cover? Several things have been discussed here..

I'm not sure about all the suggestions here, but I would definitely have to agree that being able to create and use stand alone alert templates would be a really nice feature..

+1 to that part at least..

-=Edge=-
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Hello,
                        SFT-878 currently covers the following requests with alerts.
                        1.That we add an instant alert feature to the right-click menu on charts. This would immediately place an alert with a condition of "if price crosses this point."
                        2.Being able to right click on any drawing object and ‘Attach default alert template’
                        3.Being able to automatically add the default alert template to any new drawing object. For example if we want all horizontal lines to automatically have the default alert template added when we draw them.
                        4.To have the option of an alert type being a ‘Windows Notification’ as these are less obtrusive and will stay in the bottom right of our screen until we can deal with it.
                        5. To have the Alert popup if we could have a button which says something like ‘Make active window’. So when the popup appears, we can click this button and it will make that window/tab where the alert was the active tab. This would be super helpful as with NT8 we can have many tabs, and it can be time consuming to try and find the chart where we created the alert.

Comment

Hi Cody,

Thanks for that info. In addition to the notes you provided, can you please confirm that 'being able to save templates for alerts' is the main purpose of that ID? To my knowledge that was the original request and the other points were additional notes/suggestions.

Cheers,
                          Shane

Comment

Hello,
                            Yes that was the main point of the suggestion and is the main point on the feature request. The other suggestions are being tracked with this same ID.

Comment

Do any other private software companies have external tracking?

(I'm not aware and haven't bothered to look.).

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jeronymite  
                              Started by bill2023, Today, 08:51 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bill2023