NT8.0.0.10 Market Analyzer Assertion When Manually Sorting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8.0.0.10 Market Analyzer Assertion When Manually Sorting List

While manually sorting a newly created Instrument List, I received the attached Assertion Failed message.
    Attached Files

Hello dp2002,

Thank you for your report. In order to reproduce this on my end, I am going to need some more information.

First, I feel I am not understanding what you mean when you mention manually sorting an instrument list. I am able to manually sort Market Analyzer rows. However, instruments appear alphabetically in any instrument list.

I was unable to reproduce your results using the following method :

• Create a new instrument list with 30 elements
    • Add a blank row to the Market Analyzer
    • Add the instrument list to the Market Analyzer with the "Select All" feature
    • Resize the market analyzer so that it only displays 15 elements at a time
    • Randomly sort instruments, including forcing the Market Analyzer to scroll, sending instruments to the top and bottom of the list, and swapping with the blank row

Thank you for helping to improve NinjaTrader 8. If there is private information such as log and trace files that you think will aid me in reproducing what you saw, you can send them to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, and reference this unique ticket ID number :

Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jessica,
      • I created my own Instrument List which contained all of the forex pairs supported by fxcm.
      • I added the list to the market analyzer window which displayed them in alphabetic order.
      • The Market Analyzer was linked to at least one chart window.
      • I wanted to see if I could manually group the currency pairs, so I created two separate row labels; 1) "primary" and 2) "secondary".
      • I created the labels near the top of the list so most of the currency pairs were below the "secondary" row label.
      • I started to manually drag currency pairs which were under the "secondary" label so that they were placed under the "primary" label.
      • I was able to drag three of the currency pairs without any problems. While in the "primary" group I also manually moved them to change the order.
      • When I tried to move the fourth pair from the secondary group, into the primary group, I experienced the error.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Comment

Hello dp2002,

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.
        You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support.
        Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1488937

Comment

Hi Jessica,

The upload process seems to get stuck while the status shows, 'Sending Request". Since this my first attempt at uploading a trace, I assume NT connects to Outlook to send the logs. Although this not typically the system I use for my emails, I have verified that Outlook is working properly and is able to send and receive emails.

If you point me to the actual files you need, I can retrieve them manually and send them to "platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com

Comment

Hello dp2002,

If you have large log and trace files, bigger than 10 MiB total, I recommend using the free publicly available site sendspace.com to send files to us.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
            • The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
            • The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"

Please reference this unique ticket id, either as the "from" field in sendspace, or in the body of any e-mail you send

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes