Bar width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar width

This issue was in the previous betas too.

1. Clean NT b10 installation (previous version is uninstalled and 'Documents\NinjaTrader 8' folder is removed).

2. New chart (for example, 1 Renko). Set "Bar width" to 1. Look at the first picture, you must have something similar.

3. Close NT and remove everything from the folder 'Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces'.

4. Start NT again. Create the same chart (1 Renko) and set "Bar width" to 1 again. Look at the second picture, you must have something similar.

As you've noticed, the bar widths on the second picture are much narrower than ones on the first picture. In fact the second picture is much more preferable than the first one because I can squeeze the chart much better in this case. Now I can save the workspace and the minimum available bar width will remain untouched.

Can you fix the issue in NT so the second variant is available at once, without the need to remove workspaces?

BTW, NT7 has the minimum available bar width as on the second picture, without any additional tricks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by quicktrick; 03-28-2016, 07:16 AM.

Hello quicktrick,

Thanks for your post.

I was able to replicate exactly following your steps.

I will create a bug report of the issue (to address the inconsistency) and create a feature request (or add a vote if already suggested) for the narrower bar.

I will update this thread when I have further information.

Thank-you for reporting this and suggesting ways in which we can improve our product, we greatly appreciate your feedback.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello quicktrick,

After investigation what is happening is that the initial chart is being created using the correct type of Open/Close chartstyle, after removing the workspaces and creating a new chart the chartstyle changes to candlestick chartstyle which is a bug that we will correct.

As the fix to this bug will result in larger bars (using the default Open/Close chartstyle for renko bars) than what you are looking for, you do have the option to preset the renko bars to use candlestick type which provides for the smaller bars you prefer.

Thanks again for reporting this.
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Paul. Got it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes