Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vendor license expired on protected assembly crashes charts

Hello NT8 Issues and Bugs,

I've got a problem with an indicator I've converted and exported as a protected assembly (using Agile.net).

When the assembly is imported to a new machine and that machine is authorized to use the module it works great. However, when the machine is not licensed the charts are hosed after the license failure message is put up. I can do other things, but charts are don't work, can't be selected and opening a new one fails also.

Closing NT8 sometimes fixes it, but I've had to reboot before since the VendorLicense.dll gets locked.

The assembly having the issue is attached.

Thanks for the help on this.
    Attached Files
    daqu40
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QTradez

Hello daqu40,

Because the script is an assembly I will not be able to view the code and look for a cause.

First, is the vendor license check required to reproduce the behavior? If so, I will need to see the code in the script being used. Is there anything in the VendorLicense callback function?

Second, does the script require that it be exported as an assembly to reproduce the issue? Does an open source script not reproduce the behavior?

Can you make an example script that does something simple like make a single plot. This could just plot the Close price. Then test that the script

Then export as an open source script first, and export as an assembly with the Agile.Net.

You may not want to share a script on the forum that has your vendor information in it.

If so, please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email please include a link to this forum thread.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for quick reply on a Friday afternoon.

The license check and failure to be licensed is required to reproduce the problem. If your machine is licensed everything works as intended.

Second export as an assembly is required to produce the problem. A simple script functions as expected. Both licensed and unlicensed states behave as expected.

I'll whip up the scripts you requested and email them as instructed.
      daqu40

Comment

Figured this out in the process of working up the example script for you.

I had put the license validation in the OnStateChange when it needed to be in its own constructor.

Well now that I made that mistake if someone else forgets that step and is wondering why it doesn't work quite right they will hopefully find this post.

The instructions that explain how to use the module in NT8 are here: http://ninjatraderecosystem.com/down..._HelpGuide.pdf

Thanks
        daqu40

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ghoul
        by ghoul