Installation NT8 imports obsolete, duplicate accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation NT8 imports obsolete, duplicate accounts

When I installed the latest BETA-10 over the weekend the "import data from NT7" resulted in importing perhaps 15 to 20 old and obsolete accounts (several "DoNotUse", some former demo-accounts) which all do not show up anymore in my NT7-installation.

At the end I found THREE entries for my current provider/live-account-combo, all with the same account-number. Those three entries ALL showed up for instance as filterable items in the performance analysis. I found out that only ONE account-entry would be active after connecting to my provider (which is correct).

So I removed all obsolete and unneeded accounts, one-by-one, including those duplicate to my active account.

After that I still could connect to my provider, but NT8 "knew" only from "SIM-101" from there on - my real live-account was not listed anymore in the performance analysis as an item to chose, showing only SIM-101 to check. Even after logging off and on no live-account was listed anymore - while the accounts tab still did list my live-account as existing.

I suggest that someone should have a closer look to this import routine - strange to find so many obsolete accounts after the import, bad to loose info about three (identical) entries when deleting only two of them.
    Last edited by RonSpike; 04-04-2016, 09:24 AM.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us to report the issue.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20160404.XXXXX.txt'.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jeronymite  
    Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes