Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Playback request

Hi

I request that playback can be used with historical minute data (rather than tick data).

I'd like to use the playback connection using historical data to practice manual trading on time frames 15 min up to monthly. However, it is impractical because it requires tick data - the amount of data required is massive and processing time too slow.

Regards
    Tony

Originally posted by Jellybean View Post
    Hi

I request that playback can be used with historical minute data (rather than tick data).

I'd like to use the playback connection using historical data to practice manual trading on time frames 15 min up to monthly. However, it is impractical because it requires tick data - the amount of data required is massive and processing time too slow.

Regards
    Tony
    Do you not have a historical option?

And NT8 Playback of Market Replay data is fast at MAX speed. (Except certain cases in BETA10).

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      Do you not have a historical option?

And NT8 Playback of Market Replay data is fast at MAX speed. (Except certain cases in BETA10).

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../?playback.htm
      Hi Sledge

Yes I have the historical option - I'm asking to be able to use minute data rather than tick data.

The main problem I have is getting tick data back far enough to make daily/weekly/monthly chart combinations to play back meaningfully. The data I can easily find is available one day at a time & one instrument at a time, so it's a big job getting it. Being able to use minute data would eliminate that need.

The Max playback speed is about fast enough to look at daily charts, but it irks my sense of good design to use something on Max to do a middle of the road thing. It's a bit like revving your car in a low gear, when using a higher gear is better - it'll get there, of course, but not very elegant.

Cheers
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean View Post
        Hi Sledge

Yes I have the historical option - I'm asking to be able to use minute data rather than tick data.

The main problem I have is getting tick data back far enough to make daily/weekly/monthly chart combinations to play back meaningfully. The data I can easily find is available one day at a time & one instrument at a time, so it's a big job getting it. Being able to use minute data would eliminate that need.

Cheers
        Tony
        My bad. I just read exactly what historical does... I thought it was using minute based stuff.

Maybe they can work it in later.

Comment

Thank you for posting in our forum.
          Your suggestion has been submitted and accepted for consideration for a future NinjaTrader release by our product development team.*I will update this post with a SFT tracking code for you to reference to track this feature request.

Comment

Your suggestion has been submitted and accepted for consideration for a future NinjaTrader release by our product development team. We will be tracking this suggestion using ID SFT-1320 in our system.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post SantoshXX  
            Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DanielTynera