kinetick eod weekly - accurate bar start/end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinetick eod weekly - accurate bar start/end

Hi, I have a continuous contract YM weekly chart open. Have it set to regular US hours.

The weekly bars do not appear to begin at the beginnings of the actual trading week.

The Jan 4 trading week is labeled Jan 1 as I move the crosshair cursor over it.

Similar for other weeks. 1/11 open is labeled 1/8.

Not just labeling, don't see - for example - the sizeable gap that occurred between end of 12/28 week and opening of Jan 4 week.

Hello tarnation,

Thanks for your note.

I've made a quick video of what I am seeing on my end.
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

What is your time zone set to on your PC?

Is your PC clock in sync with time.gov to within a few seconds?

If you reload all historical data does this correct the chart?

What session template are you using?
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 04-05-2016, 11:48 AM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great thanks. I did not understand the labeling as the end of the week rather than the beginning that I have seen on other charting platforms.

I still don't know how to get it to show only the 930-400 session. I have it set to regular US hours. On other platforms I see a 4 pm 12/31 price as about 17338, and a 930 am 1/4 price as 17017.

This gap does not appear on the eod kinetick chart as I have it set up. And of course the 12/31 (trading week end) appears as a 1/1 bar on the chart, both on mine and on yours as shown in the video. Thanks!

Comment

Hi tarnation,

Daily bars come fully formed from the data provider. Kinetick records these daily bars with ETH data.

Weekly bars are built from daily bars so these are also affected.

You are wanting to apply the RTH session template but this is not possible when using daily data.

There is not really a work around for this. If you wanted to open a daily chart the workaround is to use a 1440 minute chart with the RTH session template and this would be the equivalent of a daily chart because there are 1440 minutes in a day.
        But this doesn't work for a weekly chart because the session break would cause that weekly bar to be closed on every session close. (The session close causes a new bar to form)
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
        116 responses
        1 like
        Last Post kevinenergy  
        Started by franatas, 12-04-2023, 03:43 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes