Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader Short Cut Key to Show/Hide

Hi,

In NT8, is there a similar arrow button in the top right hand corner to assess the Chart Trader window like in NT7, to show and/or hide the Chart Trader easily? I find it quite cumbersome to have to go to the toolbar to click multiple times to show/hide the Chart Trader in NT8.

Originally posted by mikeq View Post
    Hi,

In NT8, is there a similar arrow button in the top right hand corner to assess the Chart Trader window like in NT7, to show and/or hide the Chart Trader easily? I find it quite cumbersome to have to go to the toolbar to click multiple times to show/hide the Chart Trader in NT8.

latest posts discussion here

Comment

I add my vote to SFT-509

Comment

Thank you, I've added your vote.

Please note that SFT-509 relates to adjusting the appearance of Chart Trader, such as the ability to resize it and change button appearances. If you're looking for the feature request related to mikeq's post, that one would be SFT-613: "Re-implement NT7-style "expand/hide" button for Chart Trader"
        Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dave View Post
          Thank you, I've added your vote.

Please note that SFT-509 relates to adjusting the appearance of Chart Trader, such as the ability to resize it and change button appearances. If you're looking for the feature request related to mikeq's post, that one would be SFT-613: "Re-implement NT7-style "expand/hide" button for Chart Trader"
          Thanks. I am particularly interested in the "expand/hide button" , so please add my vote to SFT-613 as well.

Comment

You got it, thanks.
            Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by marcel-nl View Post
              Thanks. I am particularly interested in the "expand/hide button" , so please add my vote to SFT-613 as well.
              I like "expand/hide button" too. Please add my vote.

In NT8, ChartTrader "Hide" and ChartTrader "Off" are the same on the chart, how do we know if the ChartTrader is active or off?

Comment

Chart Trader expand/hide button

Add my vote for SFT-613: "Re-implement NT7-style "expand/hide" button for Chart Trader"

Comment

Hello,
                  Thank you for your post.

The easiest way to tell if Chart Trader is hidden or off would be to right click within the chart.

If you see options that allow you to buy or sell, the chart has Chart Trader enabled, if you do not see buy/sell options Chart Trader is off.
                  Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chart Trader

I'm not sure how right clicking the chart will tell me if the chart trader is open on the right hand side of the screen/chart. You would already be able to see if it is open or not. The question is how to get it open quickly, like in NInja 7.

I have found that you can use a hot key to open and close the Chart Trader. In my case I have the F11 hot key setup for that. However, I would like it to be the same as it was in Ninja 7, that is a drop down arrow you click and the chart trader will appear and disappear. This makes it very simple to use the mouse to open and close the chart trader.

This is not currently possible without clicking the icon along the top menu and then clicking one of three option, not very efficient.

I use the mouse for almost everything in Ninja 8 as it is designed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                    Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                    11 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jculp