Export NinjaScrip with System Reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export NinjaScrip with System Reference

I was exporting an Indicator I wrote that uses ACCORD .NET which required SYSTEM.DATA.DLL be added to the references to compile.

Once I tried to export the "system.data" reference to properly setup the next system for import, I got the following error:
    WARNING: Error compiling export assembly: error CS0006: Metadata file 'C:\Users\Greg\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\System.Data.dll' could not be found
    This file is in the "Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\V4.0.30319\ " folder. How Can I export this reference?

Also, why doesn't the export add the DLLs to the ZIP export file? I assume I need to add my \Custom\Accord.***" files to the ZIP to import. I certainly don't want to import the System.Data.DLL though...

Thanks

Hello NJA_MC,

Thank you for your post.

Does the reference to System.Data.dll list the full directory? Does it list NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom?
    You can check this by right clicking in your NinjaScript Editor and selecting References.

I am assuming NinjaTrader is looking for System.Data.dll in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom folder instead of the needed directory.

The export process is only to add .cs files to a .zip for import or to create a .dll from select .cs sources. It is not intended to include any other outside referenced libraries.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

It is the entire path listed in the References box:
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello NJA_MC,

You would make a copy of the System.Data.dll and paste it into Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom. Change the reference in the NinjaScript Editor and then export.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7