Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commission Bug in 8.0.0.10

Hi,

When I try to assign a Minimum or Per-unit Commission to Forex the values get saved for Option instead. There is no way to save commissions to the Forex instrument type.

Thanks,
    FaaastEddy

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this one. I can see the same thing on my end, so I will send a report to the team today to investigate further. (NTEIGHT-9665)
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_DaveI; 04-11-2016, 10:46 AM.
    Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for confirming.

I've also noticed that when backtesting, the Minimum commission for Forex is ignored. Backtesting only seems to take into account the Per-unit Commission for Forex. This is a problem for me as the calculate ProfitLoss is not correct based on my position sizing strategy which in turn depends on the Commission per trade being calculated correctly. Can you please confirm that you are also seeing the same issue?

Thanks,
      FaaastEddy

Comment

I'm happy to report that we've fixed NTEIGHT-9665, and you should see the fix applied in the next beta build.

I will test the backtest PnL issue today and send in a report to the team if I can reproduce. If I can't reproduce right away, I'll come back with a few questions to help me narrow it down. Thanks for catching and reporting that one.

Comment

I have an update for you on the commissions topic, and I'll be updating our documentation to reflect this.

The way commissions are handled in NinjaTrader 8 differs from NinjaTrader 7, and is actually more in line with the way commissions are handled by brokerages. In NinjaTrader 7, the "minimum commission" was always applied first, and any per-unit commission was added on top. In NinjaTrader 8, the "minimum commission" is actually just how it sounds -- a minimum value. If the total of per-unit commission is greater than that minimum value, then the minimum will not be applied.

You can think of "minimum commission" as saying "if this trade has not been charged at least this amount, then charge this amount." For example, if you were to delete the per-unit commission in your template, you should find that the minimum would be applied in its place.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the explanation. I have not used commissions in NT7, the way you explained how commissions in NT8 works is what I have been assuming. However, when back-testing the minimum commission for Forex, it is not being used even when the per-unit is deleted. I've confirmed this using the FOREX commission and also individual commissions for specific FX spot pairs (i.e. EURUSD). Please let me know if you need anymore information to confirm this bug.

Thanks,
            FaaastEddy
            Last edited by FaaastEddy; 04-17-2016, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Thank you -- I can see the same thing on my end, so I'll send a report to our team to investigate.

Comment

Hi Dave,

Just curious if there is a temporary workaround for this? If not, will this be addressed in the next beta release?

Thanks,
                FaaastEddy

Comment

There is not a current workaround for this particular issue, but I should have some more info for you one way or another at some point today. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Belfortbucks  
                  Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes