Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB and Realized PnL / Unrealized PnL

Hello,

I have seen that the Account Tab "Realized PnL" ignores any Forex Positions in trading. I am using a Live account at IB and there I can only see Future positions Realized P&L, Forex trades are completly ignored - as they wouldn't exist.

Also the unrealized PnL column isn't used at all and stays at 0,00 during trades.

Can this be fixed?

Kind regards,
    Oliver

Lord Devil, thank you for your post!

I would just like to verify the version of NinjaTrader 8 you're running. You can check this by navigating to the Control Center -> Help -> About... (example: 8.0.0.10).
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry, surly 8.0.0.10

Comment

Thank you for posting back.

I'm not able to reproduce this. I would just need to know the exact steps you're taking when placing a live order, and I would also need to know what order entry window you're using so that I may attempt to replicate this on my end.

Comment

I don't do anything special, I place an order via the Chart Trader. PnL is working fine in Chart, but the unrealized PnL for the account is never updated (always 0) and the realized PnL is only showing my future trades.

Its an IB Live Reg T account, and I am using the recommended IB Gateway (954) connection API as specified in your connection guide.
          Last edited by Lord Devil; 04-15-2016, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Lord Devil, thank you for your patience while I was testing this on my end.

I saw the same as you when testing a forex instruments. The Realized PnL of the Accounts tab in the Control Center doesn't update after a trade is completed --- I have submitted a bug report to our QA team.

As for the Unrealized PnL in the Accounts tab, this is going to be specific from what reporting from the brokerage connection. The account tab, in general, is designed to report directly from what the provider reports; the IB connection doesn't provide the unrealized PnL. However, you can see the PnL update while being in a position in the Positions tab of the Control Center.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Well the unrealized PnL should be available too! You can find this in the TWS and IB Gateway API. They both support the Unrealized PnL summary on positions - or how do it the other Softwares? Would be really great if this could be added. Another way to do it would be to just accumulate all currently open Positions PnL.

Thanks in advance,
              Oliver

Comment

Lord Devil, thank you for your feedback!

Our QA team got back to me in regards to the Realized PnL and had stated to me that this feature is currently not going to be implemented based on the differences from IB's API.

I will submit two feature requests to our Product Development team:
                • To have forex instruments show the realized PnL
                • To support the Unrealized PnL

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Javierw.ok  
                Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM