Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8B10 Suggestion: Don`t reset "Keep best # results" to 10 between Optimizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8B10 Suggestion: Don`t reset "Keep best # results" to 10 between Optimizations

Hello,

"Keep best # results" keeps getting reset back to a default parameter of 10 every time I make any change to any SA Optimization parameter.

Its a pain to constantly have to go and change it back to what I want rather than 10.

As an example I usually want the setting to be 1 when I optimize performance based on Profit factor on a group of instruments. When I export the results to excel for more analysis, its even more painful to filter & un-group the results.

Thank you
    Attached Files

Hello rayko,

Thank you for writing in.

It doesn't look like I'm able to reproduce the "Keep best # results" parameter changing when changing other parameters.

Can you specify which parameters you are changing that causes this parameter to change?
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Zachary

Here is an example jpg I`ve uploaded of Sample MA Crossover. If you first set "Keep best # results" to say 1 and then change any of the parameters in yellow (min, max, increment), the "keep best # results" will immediately change to 10.

Also if you exec the SA at "keep best # results" equal to 1, immediately following the execution, NT will set "keep best # results" to 10.

This behavior will happen and is common for any strategy parameter... double, int, boolean, enum, etc.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello rayko,

It looks like I am able to reproduce this only if the "Keep best # results" is equal to 1. Any other number will not revert back to 10.

I will be submitting this as a bug report. Thank you for catching this!
        Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes