Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to program custom alert?

Hello,

I was wondering what would be steps if I wanted to program specific action that can be triggered when certain alert condition has been reached?

Ex - once price goes goes to point A - I want to call my custom alert that might close position, cancel all remaining alerts, close all pending orders for specific account.

Any way this can be programmed so that it could be later selected when creating semi-automated alert?

Thanks

Hello music_p13,

Thank you for your post.

This would require custom programming. You would need to look into NinjaScript and the Account section of the Add Ons offers the options for Flatten and CancellAllOrder: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ount_class.htm

Comment

Thanks,

Is it possible to submit a new feature request to be able to program "Custom" alert action on demand?
      For example - we have capability to develop custom shared service, would be nice to be able to develop custom alert action as well that could be later selected from UI without the need for Add-On?

Thanks again.

Comment

There are lot's of folks here who do nothing but write software for what you are trying to do (including me). They are called indicators and strategies. There are whole sections of the help file dedicated to this. Unless you are already a developer with c# experience, I would not recommend you go down this road with out help from someone who's been there and done that.
        Thanks ... Ed

Comment

I am C# developer, and I do write strategies and indicators, however that would be easier way to semi-automate strategy with custom action...

Not a high priority feature but maybe nice to have...

Thx

Comment

Hello music_p13,

Thank you for your response.

I will forward your suggestions to development.

Comment

Thanks,

I also got an idea, as a workaround I could just create a custom service and just call it instead when performing action on alert...

Comment

Originally posted by edstaffin View Post
                There are lot's of folks here who do nothing but write software for what you are trying to do (including me). They are called indicators and strategies. There are whole sections of the help file dedicated to this. Unless you are already a developer with c# experience, I would not recommend you go down this road with out help from someone who's been there and done that.
                Thanks ... Ed
                Hello, edstaffin, could you develop Custom Script that can be used in the FreshForex MT4. I haven't used Ninja Trader before, I don't know absolutely anything about it. Thank You

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by stafe, Yesterday, 08:34 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by jclose, Yesterday, 09:37 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby