CurrentBar changing on me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CurrentBar changing on me

Something weird is happening with CurrentBar. I'm using that value in OnRender and the value of CurrentBar is changing while live ticks are coming in. I took a screenshot of the output window showing the value of CurrentBar changing on the same bar.

Current Bar (CB) is the first value I'm printing to the output window. After CB you can see the Date/Time of that bar.
    Attached Files

Hello TheBarChartist,

Thank you for your post.

We are trying to re-create what you are experiencing, so we may investigate further could you provide the code used for your outputs as seen in your screenshot?

Comment

Sure thing. This is inside OnRender:

Code:
      if (Bars == null || sessionCount == 0) {return;}

int lastBarOnChart = CurrentBar - ChartBars.ToIndex + 1;
      int firstBaronChart = CurrentBar - ChartBars.FromIndex + 1;

Print("CB=" + CurrentBar.ToString() + ", Date/Time = " + ToDay(Time[0]).ToString() + "/" + ToTime(Time[0]).ToString() + ", Index = " + ChartBars.ToIndex.ToString() + ", SBs = " + SessionBars.Count.ToString() + ", LastBar = " + lastBarOnChart.ToString());
      SessionBars is just a Series tracking the CurrentBar of the first bar of a user defined session.

Comment

Hello TheBarChartist,

The CurrentBar is not available to OnRender(). How are you passing CurrentBar to OnRender? What type of NinjaScript object is this? Are you using an indicator or chart style?
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 04-25-2016, 02:38 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Maybe that's the problem. I access CurrentBar frequently in OnRender so that I can get values of Series that I need to update for various lines all over the charts.

In this case the indicator is nothing special: it's just a OHL indicator with the plots customized to look the way I like, so I'm attaching it.

The problem I was having was that CurrentBar was changing on me - always decreasing by 1020 - and so my lastBarOnChart variable was going negative. Consequently when I accessed the Series holding the bar number of the first bar of each session I was getting an error and the indicator was crashing. I worked around this problem by forcing lastBarOnChart to be no lower than zero.

I've since changed the indicator to pass CurrentBar to OnRender via a dummy variable. I'll do this in my other indicators as well.
          Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes