Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 8 Auto Trend Lines - Support & Resistance

Hello,

I am posting here as I am in search of an indicator to plug into NinjaTrader 8. I have trawled the internet and not been able to come across the correct indicator to put into NT8. I think this may have to be specially developed/written. However, I am trying to replicate an indicator that has been made to plug into eSignal. I have attached images of the indicator working in eSignal 10.6. I am aware that the newest eSignal is actually 12.0 but this shows that the indicator has been around for a long time and shouldn’t be too hard to develop!

I tried an ‘auto trend line and channel’ indicator from Indicator Warehouse, however this does not work for the lines that I am needing to have on the charts.

I am basically needing to have trend lines drawn automatically on charts, so that when I change stocks, instruments or time frames – the lines adapt to fit that chart the same as any other indicators do.

The indicator itself is relatively simple. It is drawing lines from previous highest highs, to the more recent highest highs. Coloured in one colour. Then the previous lowest lows, to the more recent lower lows. The main objective to this, is to create a ‘wedge’ shape to enable me to spot breakout of price, and clearly identify support and resistance lines. These work dynamically to move and be drawn as new live data is plotted on the charts.

I have attached several images of my friends charts of eSignal – showing the trend lines and how they fit into the charts. Once we establish how to go about it, we could discuss more settings etc.

If you could let me know your thoughts on obtaining an indicator to mimic this indicator on eSignal, to make the charts have the same lines as in the screenshots, but on my NinjaTrader 8 – that’s what I am after. Whether this is available already and I haven’t found it yet – I don’t know. Maybe I would need to have one converted from NT7 to NT8, however the only trend line indicators I have found for NT7 really aren’t like the screenshots attached.

Please let me know your thoughts on this and how we could potentially work something out to have this indicator provided somehow.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Pete Collins

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pete1.png
Views:	2
Size:	373.5 KB
ID:	905209

Name:	Pete2.png
Views:	1
Size:	327.7 KB
ID:	905210

Name:	Pete3.png
Size:	458.2 KB
ID:	905211

Name:	Pete4.png
Size:	465.4 KB
ID:	905212

Hello Pete Collins,

Thank you for your post.

I am not aware of such an indicator. One of a forum members may be familiar with this or willing to create it. Otherwise you may look to our affiliate NinjaTrader Ecosystem's NinjaScript Consultants.

We ask that you only open one thread on an item. The two other threads have been removed.

We look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello Pete,

Thank you for your interest in the NinjaTrader Ecosystem and the NinjaTrader NinjaScript consultants.
      You can view NinjaTrader Ecosystem's supported NinjaScript consultants at the following link:

http://ninjatraderecosystem.com/Partners/Consultants.php#81-91

You can locate the contact information for the partner on their direct webpage for any additional questions you may have. Since these partners are third party add-ons for NinjaTrader all pricing information will need to be obtained through the partner.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Have a great day!
      Patrick S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Pete,

I developed an trend line indicator on NT7, it only plots the most recent trend lines.
        I made it that way because I don't want too many lines on chart.

In this indicator, you can define all 4 anchors (peak & trough) of the 2 trend lines, so it makes possible for you to detect most chart patterns.

What do you think? Let me know if there is any feature that you think can be added to make it better.
        Attached Files

Comment

Are you sharing this indicator or selling it?

Comment

Originally posted by patternsmart View Post
            Let me know if there is any feature that you think can be added to make it better.
            Make it available on NinjaTrader 8.

(You did see this thread is asking about NT8, right?)

Comment

Originally posted by bltdavid View Post
              Make it available on NinjaTrader 8.

(You did see this thread is asking about NT8, right?)
              Of course it will be available on NT8.

Comment

Originally posted by patternsmart View Post
                Of course it will be available on NT8.
                Great! Where is it?

Comment

Please do tell where we can d/l this. I haven't tried programming in ver 8 yet since I just downloaded but I like what I see so far. Thanks!

Best regards,

Dolfan

Comment

Hey Patternsmart

Thanks for this info.

It looks great - I think I actually came across it in NT7, although I am using NT8 now.

I also need some more trend lines - just to suit my style of trading (options mostly). I find having more helps to monitor breakouts etc.

Check the image below for the kind of thing I am after - I think I have QuantMotion (company in London) working on converting it from eSignal to NT8 for me.

Please see both the link to the eSignal indicator, and the screenshot of it working on eSignal.

Pete

Name:	Pete1.png
Views:	2
Size:	373.5 KB
ID:	878160

Name:	Pete7.png
Size:	510.5 KB
ID:	878161

Comment

Hi

You can get it here:

Comment

Won't download for me. Says it can't determine the delivery method. Anyone else has this problem?

Dolfan

Comment

I downloaded it but it says I don't have the proper license to use it. What gives? I thought it was a 'free' indicator, according to the website.

Dolfan

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfan View Post
                            Won't download for me. Says it can't determine the delivery method. Anyone else has this problem?

Dolfan
                            I tried from different PC and it's OK to download, there are 2 links, you can choose either one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolfan View Post
                              I downloaded it but it says I don't have the proper license to use it. What gives? I thought it was a 'free' indicator, according to the website.

Dolfan
                              It should work after you refresh the chart.

I don't know why NT still ask for license, maybe is just their mechanism.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post GLFX005
                              by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                              2 responses