Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Square and circle drawing

Hello,

is there any solution to draw an regular square or circle?
    Because of it is very difficulte to draw. I mean I'd like to press shift/alt/ctr during drawing an rectangle, and it will give me an regular square, or an regular circle (not ellipse).

If it not possible, could you send to development this features?

other usefull remark: it would be possible as well drawing an simple line and press shift/alt/ctr and by so doing it will fix the angle to 0, 45, 90 degree (or an predetermined step)?

it would be very-very usefull!!!!! please improve this drawing tools!

thanks. Tom
    Last edited by marotom; 04-25-2016, 03:18 PM.

There is not really a way to draw a true square or circle as the corners are all based on price stamps and time stamps.

This is adjusted by the autoscale of your charts. The expected behavior is that your rectangle/circle will change in shape as the scale of the chart changes.

If you draw a rectangle and then scroll through time on your chart, you should notice that the shape of the object changes (in the same manner as the bars of your chart change) as the vertical price scale changes. Similarly, if you change the time scale, it will also change the "original" shape to match your scale.

Similarly, the angle of your line will change depending on the scale of your chart. An independent scale for drawing objects would mean they would have no context on your chart in relation to price or time.

Comment

Hello,

this is my biggest problem with this scaled chart. Therefore I switch off the scaling. It is pretty misleading to see 20pip bar once as a big bar another as a small bar. I always like to see the 20 pip bar with the same hight. So the square and circle will remainig the same height. (as can be seen at ensingn)
      But, this raised idea would be usefull at simple line to get horizontal and vertical line !

thanks

Comment

Thanks for the additional feedback.

I will forward this suggestion to the Development Team for consideration in futures versions of the platform.

Comment

the Ability to draw horizontal and Vertical lines was requested many months ago there should be a tracking number to add a vote to

Comment

If I understand both of your suggestions, you would like to have a modifier key for the lines, rectangles, and ellipse, etc. tools which will snap them to a particular angle or shape similar to the feature which many visual editors have.

For example: holding shift while applying an ellipse will cause it to draw a perfect circle. Holding shift while applying a ray will snap it to 15-degree increments when moving the mouse.

I will add this clarification to the feature request which I have sent to the Development Team. If this is not correct, please clarify further.

Comment

That sounds great my original request was simply to be able to draw a F2 line while holding shift (or whatever) and have the line be horizontal. but to be able to rotate through 360 deg in 45 deg increments while clicking the mouse would be great

Comment

Hello Patrick,

yes, I mean this too! It would be very usefull!.
                When the chart is scaled, the "F2 line" would be good to snap through 360 deg in 45 deg increments. (it would be good in an predefinied angle). Namely the vertical line draws an vertical line through the chart that sometimes it is disturbing. With the "F2 line" can I draw shorter line that I'm using almost all and set this to vertical position isn't easy, its hard. But, I switched over to fixed, "square" chart, for me this is better to use, so the square and the circle could remain in original state. But at this time very hard this draw exactly.
                Thanks for sending it for Development Team! A lot of user would be happy with this!
                Tom

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post LawrenHom  
                Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes