Linear Regression Slope indicator not displaying marker value properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linear Regression Slope indicator not displaying marker value properly

Linear Regression Slope indicator price marker is not displaying values properly on intra-day charts, on custom renko bar types and minute, among others I'm sure.

Try testing with a higher period than default eg. 100.

It is not displaying fine decimal numbers on any instrument. Usually '0' on the price marker.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Sim22; 04-26-2016, 09:51 PM.

I was adding as the chart was replaying at 1000x.

lin reg slope 200 did take a few more bars to produce something other than 0.

100 did it quicker.

0 was instant.

Comment

Hello Sim22,

Thank you for writing in.

The LinRegSlope indicator will plot a 0 if the CurrentBar is less than or equal to the Period you have specified. This is why a 0 would be seen.

Code:
      Value[0] = CurrentBar <= Period ? 0 : (sumXY - sumX2 * avg) / divisor;
      You can take a look at the LinRegSlope indicator's code by clicking on New -> NinjaScript Editor from the Control Center. Then, double click on Indicators -> LinRegSlope.

This occurs only on bar types that do not use the RemoveLastBar() method. With the built-in system bar types, only renko and line break use the RemoveLastBar() method.

In this case, the value will be set to the formula within the if (Bars.Array[0].BarsType.IsRemoveLastBarSupported) statement.

Code:
      Value[0] = ((double)Period * sumXY - sumX * SUM(Inputs[0], Period)[0]) / divisor;
      Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No offense, but if you had read my comment properly it would have saved you several minutes of reply.

Please see attachment.

You misunderstand me. It is not plotting 0. It is plotting normal values. Just the price marker is rounding too high.
        The value is often very low eg. 0.005 and will thus show on the price marker "0" on a symbol say the YM because indicators are often rounded down to TickSize. 6J works okay for obvious reasons. EOD charts work fine since the angle is often > 1, just intraday is the problem.

Just following my due diligence of reporting bugs.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Sim22; 04-27-2016, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Hello Sim22,

I have tested this on a 5 minute CL 06-16 chart and am able to see very small values (as shown in the screenshot, 1 AM Mountain Daylight Time).

So we may further isolate this, can you please provide/clarify the following?
          1. What version of the NinjaTrader beta are you running? This can be found under Help -> About in the Control Center
          2. Can you provide the specific steps you have taken to produce this behavior?
          3. Can you provide the specific time you are looking at on the 5 minute CL chart you have provided so I may take a look at that time on the chart?
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Zachary,

B10.

New chart > 5min CL 06-16 > Indicator LRS 100.

Time is any time in (ET). Settings default. Realtime and historical.

Thank you.
            Last edited by Sim22; 04-28-2016, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Hello Sim22,

Unfortunately, I am still unable to reproduce this behavior that you are seeing with the steps you have provided.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
              • Shut down NinjaTrader
              • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces
              • Cut and paste all the files within this folder onto your desktop
              • Restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.
              • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issue.

Are you still seeing the behavior on the linear regression slope indicator?

Comment

What is your windows display scaling set to? >100%?

Comment

It's fine. Thank you. I am only using it internally, not displaying it. Just thought it was a bug. Thank you for your effort.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post arvidvanstaey