EntriesPerDirection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EntriesPerDirection

One of my favorite things about Ninjatrader's managed orders is the EntriesPerDirection feature. In NT8B10, I'm not sure it's working correctly.

Check out the screen shot. In this strategy, there are two occasions where it took this extra trade but there are at least two more in this very same chart where it passed up that third trade, like it should. So the issue is intermittent.

Is anyone else seeing this before I spend the next three hours putting together a test strategy?
    Attached Files

Hello traderpards,

Thank you for your report.

From your screenshot it is clearly not working. I created a new strategy to try to replicate the behavior on my end. I could only the appropriate 2 entries to trigger. Can you test my strategy and inform me if the same behavior occurs on your installation? Or if you can point me anything I may need to include in this strategy to reproduce the behavior?

I look forward to your response.
    Attached Files

Comment

I can't do it either. I took your strategy, added profit targets and stop losses so it would take more trades and put on the very same chart with the very same bar types that I used to make it happen the first time and I couldn't get it to paint extra entries.

Intermittent bugs are a pain. Even on this chart that where the bug appeared, there were a couple of occasions where it didn't take that extra trade. So... I don't know. I'll keep watching and see if I can come up with a way to reproduce it.

Comment

Originally posted by traderpards View Post
        Is anyone else seeing this before I spend the next three hours putting together a test strategy?
        I had a similar issue in previous betas where I was able to produce something consistent.

But no word or tracking # so I doubt it was fixed.

Comment

Thank you, traderpards.

I will continue to test on my end.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM