X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaps in DATA!!!

Hi, please see screen shots

Whats going on NT?

Also, workspaces are STILL dropping saved drawing objects from them if a existing workspace is saved under a different workspace name using the "save as" function (As reported in other threads). Also, if a workspace is saved but then NT8 crashes, it looses all the drawing objects that have been applied since the last start up. If its not closed down in just the right way, NT8 losses anything that was supposedly saved since the last open. Have literally tried multiple "save" function presses but it STILL will loss drawn objects that have been applied since the last time the platform was opened.

Just about to delete and rebuild everything again for the countless time because it seems once there is something corrupted, the whole thing becomes useless with endless bugs to try and chase....... Just like NT7.

Sort of hoped that a new and improved platform like NT8 would have addressed this major flaw from NT7 but seems it was just to important a feature that had to be ported over to NT8 also.

I just love how NT8 crashes half way through the day, then losses all pre-market homework levels that took 40mins to set up on the charts. Then to top it off, it may or may not load the long term saved set ups the way they had been saved. I'm now in the habit of saving everything once its applied to the chart, disconnecting, shutting down NT8, reopen NT8, connect. Then "hopefully" it might open up what I just saved (But often does not). But small win that might achieve is soon undone when NT8 crashes through market hours, then its pot luck what it decides to include on the restart after the crash using the exact same workspace and charts.

All this I have reported before and provided many, many back and forwards with NT support detailing everything and providing files.

3 versions and counting.
    When is a fix coming?
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This issue of not saving during a current session has been reported to our development team and was assigned tracking ID NTEIGHT-9554. Our development team has looked into this and is scheduled to be fixed in Beta 11.

I have also sent our development team a request to have NinjaTrader save automatically when a change is recognized within a window such a drawing object added, color changed, etc. and will follow up as soon as a tracking number has been assigned.

Also please right click within your chart and select "Reload All Historical Data". If you continue to see gaps in data can you tell me what data provider you are connected to within NinjaTrader so I may look into this further.

Thank you for your patience and reporting.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 04-29-2016, 11:31 AM.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,
      Just did the "Reload all Historical data" and its still doing the same gaps in the data. Please see attached picture.

Data provider is IQ Feed.
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you right click within your chart->Data series and tell me what Trading hours template you have applied.

Comment

Sorry. Deleted it and started again

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
            Can you right click within your chart->Data series and tell me what Trading hours template you have applied.

Here you go. This is after a COMPLETE uninstall of NT8.0.0.10, fresh install and rebuilding of everything from scratch. No imported templates, workspaces or charts.

Opened it up today, and there is a gap in the data on this one chart ONLY as far as I can see. Every other chart in the workspace is using customized chart instrument times and the data is showing in those charts (Both Tick and Min based)

This chart pictured (60 min) is the only one I can see that has the standard NT8 Instrument settings used and it is showing a gap in the data that should not be there.

Using IQFeed for data.

Please see pictures with further details.
            Attached Files

Comment

I was unable to reproduce this gap on my end when testing IQFeed. So I may test this further can you tell me what IQFeed Client version you have installed. Also can you tell me what time zone you have your PC clock set to.

Comment

Computer clock = UTC+ 10:00

IQ feed Version 5.2.0.8

Comment

I would like to schedule a support call with you to look into this further.

Please send an email to [email protected] with Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, a phone number I can reach you at and a time window where I can call you (please include a time zone).

I look forward to our support call.

Comment

Please see attached.

Showing 3 charts,
                    1st - 300 days x 60min with no tick replay with instrument settings
                    2nd - 300 days x 5min with no tick replay with instrument settings
                    3rd - 5 days x 5min with tick replay with instrument settings

3rd chart fills in the data as it should.

Not sure if its something to do with long time frame or tick replay.

Will email tomorrow with the requested details.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by TyJack; 05-12-2016, 04:59 PM.

Comment

In Beta 11 same problem is still. If UTC time zone more then 0, I got gap of tick replay data for Friday.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by alexr; 05-16-2016, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Skifree
                      by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view