Weekend transition - connection re-establish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend transition - connection re-establish

I would like to set up the strategy to be enabled and not have to worry about the transition over the weekend. Currently the connection, "NT Continuum" will stop on Friday but come Sunday - the connection will remain red and I have to manually disconnect and reconnect.

I am fine with this if NT would give us the ability to enable/disable connections and strategies via code. Otherwise should not the connection re-enable automatically?

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I have added this to our feature requests to allow for enabling connections from script.

Currently there would be no way to do this in NT7 so unfortunately the solution would be to connect again once you have been disconnected. Based on the disconnect type, it would not be possible to reconnect. For internet connection issue disconnects there is a system in place for these because it is an un expected disconnect, in this case the data provider is disconnecting the client so there is no way to automatically reconnect.

Going forward there are ways in NT8 to control your connection from an addon, so a simple Time based addon could be created to re enable a connection at X time of day.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse,

I would be interested in auto-connecting again on Sunday. I experience the same frustration,can't leave the system for more than 1 week and need to get back to it on Sunday nights to make the connect.

Thanks.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
      Hello,

I have added this to our feature requests to allow for enabling connections from script.

Currently there would be no way to do this in NT7 so unfortunately the solution would be to connect again once you have been disconnected. Based on the disconnect type, it would not be possible to reconnect. For internet connection issue disconnects there is a system in place for these because it is an un expected disconnect, in this case the data provider is disconnecting the client so there is no way to automatically reconnect.

Going forward there are ways in NT8 to control your connection from an addon, so a simple Time based addon could be created to re enable a connection at X time of day.

Comment

Jesse - first I posted this in this NT8 section - so the NT7 was not relevant to my issue but would like more details around what you are referencing around an "addon". Are you implying the strategy can have a DLL added that will allow me to control the connection within the strategy?

If not, then what I am reporting is a bug around the application where if you leave it connected over the weekend - it will not properly resync up once markets reopen. It never unexpectedly disconnected which would trigger the strategy logic to handle reconnecting.

D.

Hello,

Comment

Hello,

There is a sample that includes connecting to data providers using NinjaScript on the forum, please see this page: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ks.php?catid=9

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

This may work, my only question is can I control whether a strategy is enabled/disabled through an AddOn? I don't see that option under the AddOn functionality but I may not be finding it.

D.

Hello,

There is a sample that includes connecting to data providers using NinjaScript on the forum, please see this page: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ks.php?catid=9

Comment

Hello,

Currently there is no way to control the Enabled/Disabled state for a strategy externally. As of right now you could only stop a strategy from the strategy its self.

Controlling NinjaScript items externally this way has been added as a feature request from other users but its currently in review with development.

For the time being, you could both watch for and account for connection items but you would be unable to take action for the strategy afterwords. This would assume you already know you would be disconnected at X time, it would reconnect for you but you would still need to take the step to confirm you again want the strategy running.

Comment

Can you see how if the connection is lost over the weekend but is not re-enabled once the market opens up - that this implies a bug in the way strategy or the connection is functioning? Or strategies inherently have a week duration for unattended operation and the documentation should reflect that time span.

I am fine if the feature request is provided because I write around the bug - but if a feature request has a longer lead time to market than a bug - could the bug be addressed to solve the issue?

Hello,

Currently there is no way to control the Enabled/Disabled state for a strategy externally. As of right now you could only stop a strategy from the strategy its self.

Controlling NinjaScript items externally this way has been added as a feature request from other users but its currently in review with development.

For the time being, you could both watch for and account for connection items but you would be unable to take action for the strategy afterwords. This would assume you already know you would be disconnected at X time, it would reconnect for you but you would still need to take the step to confirm you again want the strategy running.

Last edited by MarketAlly; 05-02-2016, 04:06 PM. Reason: adjustment

Comment

Can someone please either fix this or add it to the list of to-do? This and the ability to add/edit a strategy through an API is limiting my ability to scale your solution and resell licenses of NinjaTrader

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the inquiry.

This item was previously added as a feature request.

Unfortunately I could not detail if this would or would not be added in future releases as this would be up to development. All feature requests are subject to review and unfortunately we can not guarantee if they will be accepted or not.

If this is added in a future release, the help guide and other documentation would be updated to reflect that as well. Currently there are still no supported or suggested ways to enable a strategy though script.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post trilliantrader  
                    Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes