Price spikes with IB-connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price spikes with IB-connection

With the SPY instrument there are regularly large price spikes with the Interactive Brokers (IB) connection. These spikes are not on the IB Trader Work Station (and I do not see them on NT-7). I set filter bad ticks to the Max , but did not helped.

Originally posted by marcel-nl View Post
    With the SPY instrument there are regularly large price spikes with the Interactive Brokers (IB) connection. These spikes are not on the IB Trader Work Station (and I do not see them on NT-7). I set filter bad ticks to the Max , but did not helped.
    Additional info. After reloading the data the spikes disappear. Still the 'real time' spikes are heavily disturbing trading.

Comment

When you mention that you "set filter bad ticks to the max", what is the actual setting you have?

Comment

I was not able to increase the value (1/10 %). When looking again I can increase it. What is the recommended value.

Comment

We do not have a recommended value, You will need to consider what percent change would be considered a bad tick for the market which you are trying to filter. Here is the help guide link for your reference:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...marketdata.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            We do not have a recommended value, You will need to consider what percent change would be considered a bad tick for the market which you are trying to filter. Here is the help guide link for your reference:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...marketdata.htm
            I cannot make it smaller than 0.1 %. Despite that it is still strange that there is no problem with NT7 en TWS. And when I do a reload of the data, the spikes disappear.

Comment

The reason it disappears when you reload historical data is that all chart data up to the moment you chose to reload is now historical data instead of real-time, so I believe this to be isolated to real-time data.

How frequently is this occurring? I would like to test on my end to see if I can replicate this behavior.

What version of TWS are you using?

Comment

The reason it disappears when you reload historical data is that all chart data up to the moment you chose to reload is now historical data instead of real-time, so I believe this to be isolated to real-time data.

How frequently is this occurring? I would like to test on my end to see if I can replicate this behavior.

What version of TWS are you using?
                I am using TWS 944.3. It is difficult to say how often it happens (I am not testing NT8 daily, I am using NT7). In most recent testing sessions I noticed this behavior. Within a session it can work fine for some time and that it occurs several times in a short period.

Comment

Can you test with the recommended version of TWS/Gateway (954)?

Please follow the setup instructions in the connection guide:

http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

Comment

Can you test with the recommended version of TWS/Gateway (954)?

Please follow the setup instructions in the connection guide:

http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide
                    I need to have the older version of TWS for NT7. So I cannot upgrade to 954.

Comment

I have been testing throughout the day and I have replicated this behavior when viewing SPY in NinjaTrader 8 using TWS 944.3 and 954, but could not replicate in NinjaTrader 7.

I will submit this to the Development Team so they can begin working on a resolution.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                      7 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                      Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse