Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assorted issues.

Hello,

I have recently migrated over to NinjaTrader 8 and have run into a number of issues that I have listed. I've had a surprising amount of difficulty being able to use the application in a basic capacity, and wanted to ask if there's something on my end that is somehow out of whack. First of all, the issues I've noted thus far:

• Crashing repeatedly when selecting Backtest --> Analysis
    • Playback (Market Replay) window/dialog box repeatedly freezes on inputs, requiring application restart
    • Playback (Market Replay): Pressing pause button with entirely lock the dialog box, requiring application restart
    • Data box does not stay "Always On Top" even when preference checked
    • In backtest (not sure if applies as well outside of backtest), order size set by Account Size is not honored, only Default Quantity
    • Minimum commission (as opposed to per unit) on Stocks not showing in historical backtest

I've a lot of teething issues with crashes, and then the other bugs on top of that. I know that a number of users are trading day to day with this in a live capacity, so my experience seems kind of dissonant with what I would expect from an advanced beta. I would go more in depth with what I've described, but I would like to clear first that there is not something on my end incorrectly set up, installed, configured, etc. I can check on?

I'm running NT 8 Beta 10, Windows 7, .Net 4.5 installed, modern hardware (32GB RAM).

Thank you.

Thanks for writing in.

I do not see anything that would indicate issues on your end and believe these just plain bugs. I do recognize a number of the issues you report which are scheduled to be fixed in the next beta release, which is due out in the next few weeks.

Issues addressed in the upcoming B11 release:
    • Playback (Market Replay) window/dialog box repeatedly freezes on inputs, requiring application restart
    • Playback (Market Replay): Pressing pause button with entirely lock the dialog box, requiring application restart

The following issue is open and tracked using ID #9711. At this time, I am not certain it will be resolved in B11, but is on our radar:
    • Minimum commission (as opposed to per unit) on Stocks not showing in historical backtest

I did not recognize these problems:
    • In backtest (not sure if applies as well outside of backtest), order size set by Account Size is not honored, only Default Quantity

I will run them by our QA team and if they need any further details, we will let you know. In the meanwhile, if you have any info to help isolate, that would surely be appreciated just to ensure we're trapping the same issues -but we will investigate on our end and appreciate the reports.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 05-04-2016, 03:36 PM.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by nickslad View Post
      Hello,

I have recently migrated over to NinjaTrader 8 and have run into a number of issues that I have listed. I've had a surprising amount of difficulty being able to use the application in a basic capacity, and wanted to ask if there's something on my end that is somehow out of whack. First of all, the issues I've noted thus far:

I've a lot of teething issues with crashes, and then the other bugs on top of that. I know that a number of users are trading day to day with this in a live capacity, so my experience seems kind of dissonant with what I would expect from an advanced beta. I would go more in depth with what I've described, but I would like to clear first that there is not something on my end incorrectly set up, installed, configured, etc. I can check on?

I'm running NT 8 Beta 10, Windows 7, .Net 4.5 installed, modern hardware (32GB RAM).

Thank you.
      Are you using any Draw.<method()> in the strategy that you are testing?

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply. I'm glad to know a number of these have been noted. Please feel free to let me know further details you may need. I've just been migrating the last few days in porting materials over, so it makes a difference knowing my experience is consistent.

Originally posted by koganam View Post
        Are you using any Draw.<method()> in the strategy that you are testing?
        No, I'm not calling any Draw methods in strategy.

Comment

Are you calling any Draw methods in any of the indicators your strategy is calling? That will crash the strategy analyzer too.

Comment

Originally posted by traderpards View Post
            Are you calling any Draw methods in any of the indicators your strategy is calling? That will crash the strategy analyzer too.
            No, I'm actually not calling any Draw methods in indicators, but I do appreciate you pointing that out as this will be good to keep in mind going forward.

Comment

Hello,
              Do you receive crashing in the Strategy Analyzer when you select Analysis with the SampleMACrossover?
              Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have not had any experience with the SampleMACrossover strategy crashing when selecting Analysis.

I had made the mistake of noting this before restarting after initial installation, and since reboot it's been stable.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post cre8able