Opened NT8 today and lost all connections and telling me to buy platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opened NT8 today and lost all connections and telling me to buy platform

Opened to day, layout has gone back to stock black, connections are lost, not even in the list anymore, upper right corner it says $ Buy Platform (I have a multi broker license that had been working)

I actually used NT8 for a whole day yesterday, with only one random crash. I liked using it, I want to use it. But now it decides to die just when it got my hopes up again.

Did we have a auto update over night that broke it or is this some other issue?

Just did a uninstall and reinstall and this popped up on reopening NT8
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello TyJack,

From this end it appears there may have been a disk error or something similar occur with your installation. I would recommend taking the following steps to perform a clean installation of NinjaTrader.

• Close all running instances of NinjaTrader 7 and 8
      • From the Windows Control Panel, uninstall NinjaTrader 8
      • Rename your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8 - Old
      • Install NinjaTrader 8 once more

When you run NinjaTrader 8 at this point, it should work properly. Once you have verified it does, I recommend creating a back-up of your clean installation using Tools -> Export -> Backup File -> Check every box -> Export .

Once you have done that, you can perform the following steps to restore the working parts of your old installation.

• Copy the following folders from your "NinjaTrader 8 - Old" folder to your "NinjaTrader 8" folder, selecting "Copy and Replace" on any conflicts :
        • bin
        • workspaces
        • templates
      • Re-create all your connections using Connections -> Configure . Follow the connection guide for your provider. I am providing a connection guide for NinjaTrader Continuum, please let me know if you would like any others.

http://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGui...nnection-Guide

You should now have a working NinjaTrader 8 installation. I would recommend, at this point, backing up NinjaTrader 8 again using the same procedure I recommended earlier.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. If you would like live help with any of the previous steps, please e-mail us at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com referencing this unique number in the body of your e-mail : 1510714
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Disc error. Fantastic. Thanks.

Did a full uninstall and install. Seems to get NT working again no matter if its NT7 or NT8.

Comment

Originally posted by TyJack View Post
          Disc error. Fantastic. Thanks.

Did a full uninstall and install. Seems to get NT working again no matter if its NT7 or NT8.
          Open windows explorer, right click on the drive in question, Properties, Tools, Check NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
            Open windows explorer, right click on the drive in question, Properties, Tools, Check NOW.

Thanks Sledge.

Here is a pic of the completed scan.

I was being a little sarcastic yesterday as I have only recently replaced the SSD due to NT support assuring me some issue's I went through with NT7 must be computer, connection, ISP, data provider. Got ISP techs on the phone 4 different times and got them to fault find the connection to the US and check their local end (After repeatedly being assured by NT support it MUST be my end), got one ISP tech out to the house to check the connection, had computer tech go over computer in detail and replaced SSD and RAM just to be sure, along with a heap of other money wasted chasing ghosts at my end. And still experiencing issues almost on a daily basis it seems.

Just really frustrated for the last 8mths+ that NT always seems to be having some issue but another platform I moved to for executions because of all this happening with NT7 in the first place, never misses a beat while using exactly the same parts in the puzzle.

I didn't know how to run that test, thank you for the helpful instructions detailing how I could check it to actually rule it out quickly.
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post maybeimnotrader  
            Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes